Accord coupe CG2 dash swap.

DH48

Reaction score
Thought i would share this with you all.
I dont know about you guys but the accord dash looks like its out of a 97 civic :duckhunt: No offense

accord5.jpg

So what would look better. Well as i had a friend doing a 03 CL-s J32 swap on his car I got hooked on the CL-s dash. The CL-s itself look butt ugly...again no offense lol.

But the CL-s dash.....maaaaan one sexy dash :)
DSC_0227.jpg

The swap:
First off all what will you need ? Well as much as you can get from the CL-s and i do mean all. as its all a direct plug and play......yes plug and play.

So the list.
1)Dash and all trim
2)Dash wiring ( makes it easy to swap)
3)The subframe
4)Airbag
5)Armrest
6) (recommend) The blower parts (if you get the AC with NAVI screen you need the navi box from the trunk)
7) Blower mode motor (if you get the Navi as it has more functions then the accord one and it will just show "Short Circuit" error code but will function)

So the old dash removal is easy. Remove the battery + wire as you will be removing the airbag from the steering wheel and the passanger side.

so this is what it looks like without the dash
IMG_20120523_201112.jpg

Now the subframe is exposed. This will also need to be removed as it will not work with the CL-s dash....why ?...well the airbag mount is different and the side mounts for the dash do not align.

IMG_20120524_182609.jpg

The right is accord and left is CL just one bold hole is out of place so if you really need to use the accord subframe the you need to re-weld it.
The subframe of the cl is a direct fit into the accord. No moding needed.

Now the part why it is best to get all out of the CL. The center blower box is not a direct fit to the dash. The part that blows air to the center vents is wider.
Here is a pic of the parts
IMG_20120524_193454.jpg

Think the right one was the CL and left accord....lol am starting to forget :p but you get the idea.....it will have to be moded or just swap all the parts for the CL. The blower looked almost identical but i did not get it so that is why i had to mode it.

So the fitting
IMG_20120523_211805.jpg

IMG_20120523_211812.jpg

IMG_20120525_213156.jpg

It is best if you get the plastic side covers to or you could just cut a bit of the accord ones as one part will get in the way. Show in the pic

IMG_20120525_213207.jpg

So the arm-rest? well it depends on that you have and what you want. If you want to keep the hand brake you will need to find a manual CL-s armrest ...the automatic has no handbrake just the E-brake under the dash as most US cars. i had to mod the center panel as i need the handbrake and i will be going manual soon but that is for another thread :)
IMG_20120525_213215.jpg

The CL-s AT armrest can be used but will need cutting and reworking.
IMG_20120603_153340.jpg

You can see the CL-s has the cup holders in there

IMG_20120603_153321.jpg

If you do not mind losing the cup holder then can use just about anything to make the hand brake cover look nice. I used plastic but you can use fiberglass as it is better to work.
IMG_20120604_201634.jpg

About the door panels. Well they do not fit the CG2. The door is a different shape then the CG2 is. I will have pictures of the dif. soon.

Will have to take a better picture of the final swap but here is a crappy one
PIC000261.jpg

When you are swapping the dash i would recommend doing a LED conversion on the cluster as well.

PIC000160.jpg

PIC000158.jpg

PIC000167.jpg

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Welcome to 6GA, and thanx for the thread. I've been a big fan of this project, ever since you posted over at V6P. Be prepared to get a lot of compliments, because I think you're the only one who have done this. Looking forward to seeing the finalized pic(s). :)

Last edited:

DH48

Reaction score
Thanks all :)

The dash has been done for a while now but have not had the time to take pictures with a proper camera.

Can expect more mod´s as soon as i get the new engine rebuilt :)

Back