Re: Adding Trunk release "popper on OEM security system

you're welcome, glad the diagrams helped

james'99

Reaction score
Re: Adding Trunk release "popper on OEM security system

Okay, this is what I have.

http://i.imgur.com/ZYI3Inl.jpg

*Edit:

Sorry for the double post! I just learned how to edit a post on the tapatalk app. Lol

Okay so I just installed the trunk lock/actuator and it bolted right up and I didn't have to do anything crazy. The hardest part was taking off that blue tape off the terminal that locks into the terminal on the harness.

After installing the trunk lock, I went to go look for this 4pin connector blue taped to the harness... I couldn't find anything! I freaked out for a second but realized that I had a total of 3 relays on my security harness. I quickly looked at the installation pdf for the security system and saw that it only came with 2 relays.

That's when the light bulb went off in my head and I put everything back together and held down the option button on my remote. I heard a "pop" sound and my trunk was open!!!

This just goes to show that even when it's 17 degrees out, and you have a day off work that you should just go ahead and do it!

Thank you for the help everyone. I hope this thread can help someone else out in the future.

Great! Glad it worked out bud!

Back