Air management

Glenn

Reaction score
Good morning I am very new to this site former owner of 99 accord LX unfortunately was totaled ,recently purchased a 2001 DX but having unexpected transmission issues and air management selector light randomly shuts off ,but fan stays on ,Purchased this car for $700 took it for a test drive seem to work fine looking for any help regarding transmission issues cleaned solenoid Italy and still no improvement on transmission any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Glenn

Reaction score
Update have front axle on stands and after testing years D4 is now blinking in getting trouble code piece 0780 occasional grinding noise is my transmission kaput

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
My air selector did the same thing. I fixed it by punching the damn and breaking off 3/4 of the tabs holding it in. It works 100 now.

As for the trans yes it’s gone. You can try draining and filling it with fresh fluid and try that Lucas trans fix for the hell of it.

Enne

Reaction score
Try draining the automatic transmission fluid out of it, and replacing it with 3 quarts of Honda DW-1 automatic transmission fluid. If that does not help at all, you should look into having the transmission repaired. Or if you don't think it is worth it for the price of the car (since you bought it for not very much money), maybe look into buying a slightly newer car, or a manual transmission car.

Back