Amsoil or Redline Engine Oil

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
You guys dont know jack **** about engines, because if u did u would realize ur dumping money down the toilet. ur engine is going to have wear whether u use redline or regular oil.

Most engine wear occurs from lack of frequent oil changes and at start up. If u really are concerned, change ur oil every 3k and make sure u wait about 30seconds on cold starts to allow ur oil pressure to stablize.

Mobile 1 is good to use if u want to double ur oil change intervals.

Have fun

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to use PP, Mobile 1 and now switched to Motorcraft 5w20 Synthetic Blend motor oil with PureOne oil flter every 5k.

You can pick up a 5qt jug from Walmart for 1/2 cost of Mobil 1. Motorcraft brand is pretty much the same oil they use at the dealership ( Genuine Factory Honda 5W-20 Synthetic Blend Motor Oil ).

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1666049

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Motul is a good oil if ur really racing on the track...

I just had to add that

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
do you notice any difference with redline? my mechanic recommended redline too.

Just so you know....claybird is a jackass. But I guess if he tells you what you want to hear, that's all that matters.

So continue dumping you money down the drain for expensive motor oil to put into your eco-vtec grocery getter. The rest of us will save our money. :thumbsup:

jwong512

Reaction score
Just stick to Mobil 1. Our cars aren't fast enough to create any extreme wear or tear. Plus, Honda motors are designed to last forever regardless of what oil you use. If you plan on maximizing the condition of your motor, I use Mobil 1 with a Purolator Pureone filter. I believe the ones for our cars are PL14459. They're about $5/each on Amazon with free shipping and no tax. Plus, they're about 1.5 times the size of the OEM filter so I'm sure they filter out the dirty stuff a lot better.

Back