Anyone know a decent shop to paint car?

kn106518

Reaction score
i need to repaint my front bumper and lip, last shop i went to charge only $100 for the front bumper, but the paint pill off like paper. I mean it thin, i seem like they just spray the paint on and that it, no primer nothing. and the paint is not even match.

Anyway, if anyone know a paint shop in Orange County for like less than $200 for the front bumper and lip?

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
You get what you pay for.

if the bumper is new-still that black plastic primer than;They can just scuff it with a GRAY scotch brite pad;but itl take more paint to cover it.
Proper way yes would be for them to seal it,then paint it/clear it.

100$ is a good deal for bumper and lip IF its base and clear..if anything sand it yourself before taking it

honestly for just a bumper and lip..do it yourself..if you have like a 10gal aircompressor,go to harbor freight and get a 20$ paint gun and local paint shop for not even a quart of your color for and a gallon of clear for 60$..
i painted my whole car for $150 myself..

kn106518

Reaction score
yeah dude, i was thinking of painting my own too, and i read a lot of thread to DIY paint, but they don't mention what kind of air compressor they use. i dont' know which air compressor is good enough. So did you paint your car with the 10gal air compressor?

kn106518

Reaction score
ya i did read your DIY 3 times already. real nice DIY. so it seem that 10g is good enough to paint the whole car really. since in your DIY, you painted half of your car already. lol

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
10gal is the smallest you can go for the whole car..and thats doing a layer..waiting for the tank to fill up and so on..ha
ya since then iv painted the bumper again,and cleared the CF food.

kn106518

Reaction score
nice nice, i think i'm going to go pick up a tank at my walmart too. can your air compressor use for lug nut too? is it strong enough?

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
ya the tank has the power,just got to make sure the impact gun does.

Back