Atf d&f

Ace37

Reaction score
Well it's that time for me. This is my first Honda coming from a Nissan and Ford and ik this tranny is VERY picky so I don't wanna get it wrong. Is there an ATF other than DW1 or Z1 that I can use? I read somewhere that the import valvoline max life is a great alternative. Need to know soon as it's time for my D&F. Yes ik that DW1 would be best so please don't be redundant. I also use Lubegard HFM and have 241k on the tranny.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Redline D4, that's it. It's comparable but we don't know if it has the same "ingredients" as the DW1 which take care of the seals and gaskets. But I highly recommend you stay with the DW1, its much, much better than the Z1.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Are you looking for something cheaper, or what's the motivation for using something else? For as often as you need to change ATF, and with how problematic these transmissions can be, I agree it makes the most sense to stick with the DW1.

I usually don't put much stock in manufacturers saying to use their motor oil, brake fluid, etc. But when it comes to a transmission like this, I think it's probably best.

Back