Auto transmission to Auto swap

JDM04

Reaction score
I did a search but really only came up with manual tranny swaps.
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25509&highlight=f23a4+tranny+swap
I have the F23a4(green valve cover) accord with the auto tranny and it is slipping a lot. Can I replace this with any other 4 cyl accord trans or maybe even an auto H22/H23 with out getting a CEL? I am really not interested in performance or going 5sp since the wifey drives it. Any help would be great and if I did not search good enough just point me in the right direction please.
Thank you all for your time.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
H series would require way more work. It wouldn't be worth it, they are just as prone to failure as the one that's in it. As for the transmission for the F series I don't see why it wouldn't work with one from any of the like models.

imaricer:)

Reaction score
H series would require way more work. It wouldn't be worth it, they are just as prone to failure as the one that's in it. As for the transmission for the F series I don't see why it wouldn't work with one from any of the like models.

your GIF in your sig lags my browser and its really annoying

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Dump the car and buy a 15 year old camry if u want cheap reliable and in automatic.

Usually i would just say go buy a used transmission but the demand is so high, salvave yards drive the prices way up.

JDM04

Reaction score
In the thread that I linked it says something about the O2 sensor going off when you change to 5sp. If I were to get a regular non a4 tranny I just want to be sure that I wont have a CEL. I can always source the same year and model trans but I am trying to save some cash. Car-parts.com has a bunch and I also found some on craigslist.
Im on my 6th honda/acura and would never go to toyota.

RedAccord02

Reaction score
F23 That sig is the funniest shiit ive seen. What car are they driving? And ricer get a better connection.

Back