BAXA MAXA Transmission Firmware Source Code Anyone?

trillobite

Reaction score
I have been a software engineer for almost a decade now, and there has been one thing which has been bothering me for quite some. If I could just get my hands on the source code to the firmware of our transmissions, and the tools to reprogram, I might be able to adjust the way our transmissions shift, and MAYBE just MAYBE we could have a more reliable transmission.

It seems that under normal acceleration, our transmissions seem to slip the clutches a bit longer than I am comfortable with, in order to make a smooth shift... I really just want a crisp clean shift no matter if I am going up a hill in acceleration or not.

But I would also like to ask if this is even something to put effort into. I heard a roomer at one point in the past that Honda produced the 6th gen transmissions to shift smoothly by slipping the clutches, however, I would assume this isn't the best in terms of durability.

Let me know your thoughts, I am not looking to spring up arguments, but possible solutions.

bavarianblessed

Reaction score
The shift points and grade control in the ECU aren't that bad really, it's the mechanical shortcomings of the transmissions that cause the lack luster performance. That and the gearing.

Back