bent rim, safe?

cyen008

Reaction score
planning on buying a set of adr 18" rims w/ tires for 225$ the only problem is one rim has "curb damage" which seems to be a small bend in the lip

is this okay? long term wise, i asked and he said it holds air fine so i just wanted the communities opinion on this before going to buy it tomorrow. thanks!

5I85Lc5J33Ib3M93F9c6b99ced3ded7e914ec.jpg

5N85Hf5M93E53Gd3I9c6bde1a73437e8b170c.jpg

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
if it repairable I don't see why not, if it was your own wheel that you purchase brand new. from another person you don't know how many time they might have repair those rims. they look nice but if i were you i stay away

cjsaccord

Reaction score
Id get them its only $225 with tires. Plus If something were to happen with them you would at least still have the tires.
But many places can repair the rim for $50 and I'm pretty sure they would be able to tell if the repair was already done in the past.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
My sisters Integra had a bent like this on her ADR rims aswell. They've been holding air fine until this day so she never really bothered.

truWarier02

Reaction score
Repairing it shouldn't cost much. Assuming repairing it is around $50-75, you'd still only have spent $300 or less, which is still a good deal for wheels+tires.

Talk to Kevin (Sleeper_Cell). He works at a wheel customizing/repair shop.

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
That bend looks fixable. Most likely it is a cosmetic bend and can be balanced out on a Hunter Road Force balancer. Repair cost for that one wheel is probably like $50-$100 max.

I don't work for a custom wheel shop per say, but I do sell wheels. I do however work with shops that customize wheels, as well as machine shops, powder coaters, etc. I will caution you if you are interested in any wheel customization about going to Wheelflip. While they have very competitive pricing and they can do just about anything, I've had a ridiculous amount of problems with my wheels, and as such it has been six months since I paid for them and they are still not in my possession. I had them yesterday, and sent three back because they weren't up to my standards. Hopefully next week I'll have them.

cyen008

Reaction score
thanks for all the input guys, ill check them out tomorrow in person to double check if theres any structural damage i should be worried about, if its just cosmetic ill get them and probably just leave it as is. 1 hour drive to see these better be worth it :squintrun: haha

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Throw it in the rear for now but yea like said it's definitely repairable, the bend is very minor.

SomethingRandom

Reaction score
For what its worth on my behalf, I had an extra set of American Racing rims that came with my 6g, one was bent worse than this + had a 2 inch crack. Ran it by a friend with a shop and found out it was probably fixable, but also likely not that safe. If it was an impact on the curb enough to damage the rim like that it could kink/otherwise screw up the radial belts under the rubber. I sold them off as is anyway, shame, the rubber was almost new too.

cyen008

Reaction score
i got the rims guys, ill put the bent one in the rear, but now i have the question about the tires, 2 tires are good with good tread, one tire has bad tread which will be replaced soon, but the questionable one is this tire with good tread but a chunk missing out of it

25ap8w8.jpg

what should i do with this tire? it still holds air and the top tread is good, but a chunk is missing out the side

and again i really appreciate all the input ive been receiving! :]

Back