Blinking D4, Limp Mode

henryon6ga

Reaction score
Started up my car one day and the D4 was blinking. Car wouldn't move an inch when in any D mode, but applying gas gets the car to move no more than 30mph. I have a 2001 V6 with 206k miles. Is the tranny gone? Could it just be a sensor? Solenoid?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
those are usually the signs of the trans being kaput. the check engine light should be on too, pull the code and see what it says. solenoids have been known to go, but the transmissions themselves are well known to die as well.

deepsnipe

Reaction score
I just got my accord a month ago with 237,000 miles and the old owner sold it to me because of issues kinda like what your talking about. Transmission felt like it was slipping and then D4 light start flashing and car had no power like it was stuck in 4th gear limp mode so I had to manually shift gears. I hooked up my scan tool and got a code for one of the shift solenoids. Replaced shift solenoid B and deleted all codes. After that the transmission shifted like new. Hope this helps you out.

Last edited:

henryon6ga

Reaction score
I just got my accord a month ago with 237,000 miles and the old owner sold it to me because of issues kinda like what your talking about. Transmission felt like it was slipping and then D4 light start flashing and car had no power like it was stuck in 4th gear limp mode so I had to manually shift gears. I hooked up my scan tool and got a code for one of the shift solenoids. Replaced shift solenoid B and deleted all codes. After that the transmission shifted like new. Hope this helps you out.

definitely helps, do you remember that that code was? and if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your accord? You can PM if you prefer not to post on the boards.

Back