Boat look question!

Interpol

Reaction score
My cg2 is currently dropped on springs 2.5 in the front and 2.25 in the rear and I have the horrible boat look. If I install coilovers and drop it 3in in the front and 3in in the back, will the boat look go away? Thanks!

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
My cg2 is currently dropped on springs 2.5 in the front and 2.25 in the rear and I have the horrible boat look. If I install coilovers and drop it 3in in the front and 3in in the back, will the boat look go away? Thanks!

You could drop the front more than the rear on coilovers and the boat look would be gone.... I got some coilovers if your interested

Interpol

Reaction score
You could drop the front more than the rear on coilovers and the boat look would be gone.... I got some coilovers if your interested

I am interested. But wouldn't dropping the front more than the back still make the boat look apparent because the front would be lower ?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the front looking lower than the rear is called rake. the 'boat look' is solely the rear being/appearing lower than the front.

if you want to use coilovers, you can set the height however you want it. so you can make the car look however you want as well.

Dnguyen211

Reaction score
If you bottom out the front coilovers and lift the front up a little instead of bottoming that out also it would appear even

Interpol

Reaction score
the front looking lower than the rear is called rake. the 'boat look' is solely the rear being/appearing lower than the front.

if you want to use coilovers, you can set the height however you want it. so you can make the car look however you want as well.

So do you think if I dropped the front 2.5 Inches and dropped the back 3inches, that the rake would go away?

phi1542

Reaction score
Yeah do what he said. For some reason the rear is lower. If you set both at the same exact height the rear appears to be lower. On my coilovers the rear is set a inch more than the front and the rear still seems to appear slightly lower. So just get coilovers and adjust them to your liking

cg4ever

Reaction score
I'm planning on installing the Koni yellows soon. The boat look doesn't seems to be caused because of the oem struts, so my guess is even if i leave the Koni struts in the standard position and install oe springs i'll still get the boat look right ?

From what i understand the boat look doesn't have to do with the oem struts or something but because the front fender is cut higher than the rear one. If the car is perfectly honrizontal to the ground we can see the front fender being higher than the rear one.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the boat look has to do with the lowering springs. if you put koni shocks with your oem springs, nothing vehicle height related should change at all.

Back