broken axle

lwlba

Reaction score
seriously no one else have any input besides matt? haha

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Sounds like the axle is too short. You should try and get an accord inter shaft and use an accord axle too. Should solve your issues.

Asian Invasion

Reaction score
Not to insult your intelligence, but are you making sure the axle is popping all the way into place? I have seen where it looks all the way in, but needs just that little extra pop into place to sit correctly.

lwlba

Reaction score
Not to insult your intelligence, but are you making sure the axle is popping all the way into place? I have seen where it looks all the way in, but needs just that little extra pop into place to sit correctly.

yea i was watching the mechanic put the axle in, and from my experience, it was fully in.

lwlba

Reaction score
nope. it's funny cuz im actually known for driving slow and cautious like a grandma hahaha

ManceboF

Reaction score
Clicking signifies a broken axle. I doubt an axle out of place would make any noise other than rattling.

2coha39.jpg

Last edited:

lwlba

Reaction score
i believe that it broke in the process of popping out? it looked normal 2 days before this happened (i went under the car and checked) and there was no clicking until the moment it popped out. when i went outside and looked, the boot was messed up.

VonDubz

Reaction score
H22, H23 half shafts are not the same as an f23 shaft. The f23 is a male/female and the lude is a male/male. Unless u find a 88-91 lude, and im pretty sure its a different length than the f23 halfshaft

Back