Brushed aluminum vinyl wrap!!!!

SkylarkAlias

Reaction score
Quick post since I have to go to work in 20 minutes!

Decided wood grain wasn't for me, wanted a slightly more refined look. Decided brushed aluminum was the way to go. Ordered some from eBay....bad idea. Ordered some more from amazon and it finally came in. This was a quick wrap job (took me 5 min including pictures!) you can beat me up for it being sloppy but I don't care. I'm taking a couple of pieces with me to work to re wrap it...stay tuned folks!! Pics to follow

New pics: 05/03/

Switches: if you've never taken these off before...you have to remove the entire door panel!

More switch pics: disassembled and wrapped

Didn't have a heat gun with me(I was at work in the breakroom!!)

The good stuff from amazon

Crap from eBay on the left good stuff on the right

Quick comparison photo

I'm half tempted to take the day off to get this done the right way!!!

Last edited:

SkylarkAlias

Reaction score
Thanks it's very easy. Determining exactly where to trim the pieces is going to be the hardest part. I re-wrapped the cupholder cover at work already, it's so much better. Pretty good stuff to work with. Seems like it will last a while. Especially on the less touched areas! I might do a write up but it's pretty simple stuff...maybe just pics of the cuts I made to wrap the pieces smooth

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
thinking about doing this to the lighter silver trim in my interior. how much does the texture on the trim piece show through? the driver's side grab handle in my car has a scratch down to the black plastic beneath.

getting the brushed "grain" to line up across trim pieces is my goal...

SkylarkAlias

Reaction score
Center DONE!!!

Installed, I'm going to redo it...was so excited I had to do a test run!

My lines will run left to right, I just like that look more than the front to back grain...I laid the pieces out with te grain front to back and it appears that you would end up with more leftovers if you need to redo a piece or two..I just like the left to right grain.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Link to the product I purchased

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HVEQ5T8/ref=mp_s_a_1_44?qid=1399002501&sr=8-44&pi=SY200_QL40

SkylarkAlias

Reaction score
thinking about doing this to the lighter silver trim in my interior. how much does the texture on the trim piece show through? the driver's side grab handle in my car has a scratch down to the black plastic beneath.

getting the brushed "grain" to line up across trim pieces is my goal...
My wood grain pieces were smooth, I imagine if it's a deep scratch it will show through. Just behind the parking brake lever has a crack and it shows through pretty good but given the location of it....idgaf!!! Post more pics as I continue. Diver and passenger window switches will be done tomorrow....a/c radio bezel is going to wait until I get my ipad mounted!!!!!

danmccormick87

Reaction score
Looks great! I've done this before on other vehicles, just needs patience, some water, and a heat gun to look awesome :D

Back