Budget Retro Project

Brad2274

Reaction score
looks good, i as well left my high beams as is :) wish i had done a budget retro, just finished mine and added up the numbers, spent close to $380 total :Boo:

Thormx331

Reaction score
That splitter may be useful, thanks for the input. Ive wired in the demon eye mod into both of the retros I've done and had to pop the hood to plug them in every time so I may run those wires into the cab this time to make it easier and wire in the high beam at that time

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Sorry to bump onto this thread. I don't mean to thread jack here but I don't think my question is "new" thread worthy. Since this thread is full of great information I want to pick the brains of you all.

Anyway, a buddy of mine replaced his 2002 Audi A4 headlights and gave me his old ones that have a factory Audi projector with 4300K HIDs built onto it. I took out the projectors to have a look and possibly try to do a retrofit with my Accord.

I am pretty sure these would work well so long as I take my time on them. My main question is; is there a standard size for shrouds? I have never done a retrofit and want to get the correct shrouds for them without guessing on size and depth. All I am seeing on shrouds are shallow, medium and deep? Any of you know what shroud would fit these?

Thanks in advance.

PICS...

5DZHnC5.jpg

AVoIH7b.jpg

NObSRHj.jpg

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Sorry to bump onto this thread. I don't mean to thread jack here but I don't think my question is "new" thread worthy. Since this thread is full of great information I want to pick the brains of you all.

Anyway, a buddy of mine replaced his 2002 Audi A4 headlights and gave me his old ones that have a factory Audi projector with 4300K HIDs built onto it. I took out the projectors to have a look and possibly try to do a retrofit with my Accord.

I am pretty sure these would work well so long as I take my time on them. My main question is; is there a standard size for shrouds? I have never done a retrofit and want to get the correct shrouds for them without guessing on size and depth. All I am seeing on shrouds are shallow, medium and deep? Any of you know what shroud would fit these?

Thanks in advance.

PICS...

5DZHnC5.jpg

AVoIH7b.jpg

NObSRHj.jpg

The retrofit source I believe says which shrouds are compatible with what projectors. You can try messaging them on facebook with any questions you may have.

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
The retrofit source I believe says which shrouds are compatible with what projectors. You can try messaging them on facebook with any questions you may have.

Thanks I am in a chat with them on their website right now. "Carlos" is saying the E46-R will work for just about any factory projector, with some needed trimming... Looks like a quick answer. Im glad I didn't start a thread. Haha, thanks.

Back