BUYER BEWARE!!! Skunk2 Coilovers!!

Sakuradrops808B

Reaction score
I used to have GC and KYB AGX (adjustable ones) before and alot of people told me GC spring rates are kinda aggressive too. And yes it was.

LoveLee

Reaction score
good way to earn 40 dollars lol. at least they gave u a refund and told you what was going on instead of giving u the run around and holding ur money hostage.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i had the skunk2's with illuminas and they were great. well, i liked em. the ground controls would be more money, justin, just so you know. i was looking into them and putting them on illuminas that i was gonna buy off ebay, and theyre came out to about the same as what im gonna drop on my ksports. and dont get the megans, i had them, theyre cheap, but they worked, and eventually broke tho.....but i did take a speed bump at like 40, it was completely unmarked. they were stiffer then the skunks tho, haha, way stiffer....i liked em more, hahaha. i havent really looked at what other sleeve coilovers are out there, but hopefully you can find something. or just save up for like some decent, cheap full coilovers.

happy sailing little buddy :)
skipper.jpg

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, exactly. i was all psyched to get my GC's and illuminas, then i was looking at the ksports, and matched that with my desire to be "oh so low", haha, and the cost for either set up is right in the same area, but id rather have the full ones. you should look at the ksports, they look and sound pretty decent, and are pretty affordable. ill let you know how they turn out once i get them

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i don't know what everyone's beef with skunk2 is. i have it with tokico HP and my shocks have not blown for the past 3-4 months.
the ride is stiff, but that is personal preference. i actually like it this way because i feel more response from the vehicle. it's a trade-off for comfort i am willing to take.

as far as the defect, do you have any indication what the defect happens to be?

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
i don't know what everyone's beef with skunk2 is. i have it with tokico HP and my shocks have not blown for the past 3-4 months.
the ride is stiff, but that is personal preference. i actually like it this way because i feel more response from the vehicle. it's a trade-off for comfort i am willing to take.

as far as the defect, do you have any indication what the defect happens to be?

It was something with the threaded sleeve itself. If you still have the box yours came in Peter you might want to call Skunk to make sure your sleeves weren't part of the recalled run.

And Andy.........I iz teh Skipper, you iz Gilligan.

Back