CAI bumper issues..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
when i did mine I took off my bumper because I thought it was easier to get the resonator out that way. not necessary, but yeah

anyways it probably felt good to have done something yourself huh? lol anytime I do **** myself instead of taking it somewhere I'm always glad I did so afterwards.

okasu

Reaction score
hey cdubb.. long time no see meng. Im actually gunna hit up stage 3 to install my teins on monday. Ill get pics once I install my teins for you guys. Now that I have a CAI .. I cant go through a car wash right? :mad:

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
no, you can, unless you forgot to put the bumper back on.

you just can't drive through 2 feet of standing water, "anymore" lol

angelplus

Reaction score
lol. wow thats really funny. who told you that you couldn't go through a car wash anyways? carwashes around here have little wheels that pull your car through a track in the carwash, and doesn't require high revs, and all that good stuff to hydro lock your engine. dont even worry about hydrolocking becuase truely, 99.9% of the time it wont happen. now go drive into a lake, and you'll hydrolock. your filter has to be sumerged into water to be able to hydrolock, and even if you did, it takes a lot of force to take in water, of course unless you are reving hard to like 4000 - 7000rpms.

so what I'm trying to tell you, is that you shouldn't worry at all.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i wash my car with my hands, but you live in the city, so idk if theres anywhere you could do that there. but yea, you can still hit up the carwashes just as long as it doesnt get clogged and the water builds up, then your car stops moving, and then the cone filter gets FULLY submerged, then youll be fine.

okasu

Reaction score
Does anyone have pics of how their CAI sits on the bottom part of the car? From the wheel angle... I just want to make sure mine isnt installed wrong! LOL! Thanks!

Reaction score
with a V2, ther isnt really a wrong way to install it since it is one piece. ill see if i have a pic with it installed and my bumper off for you when i get home so you can see how mine sat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back