CAI pulls apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slowtime

Reaction score
hey i have a ebay CAI. I noticed that when i periodically pop the hood, i can see it pulls apart.I have a AEM bypass and it disconnects by itself from the CAI pointing down towards the fender well. any way to fix this or should i just switch to short ram especially since i am in cleveland and its soon to snow?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, check the clamps. and about switching to short ram, its all up to you really, i got my AEM CAI about a year ago, and the night i put it on, it was snowing soo bad, but i was fine with the CAI all winter, and ive lasted thru the recent 30 million feet of rain we were getting here last month. and last winter i drove thru some bad times when it was snowing so bad, haha, like they werent even plowing the roads then cuz it was almost impossible to keep the snow off them, cuz theyd plow em, and then it would cover back up like 10 minutes later.

HandoEX

Reaction score
Slowtime said:
hey i have a ebay CAI. I noticed that when i periodically pop the hood, i can see it pulls apart.I have a AEM bypass and it disconnects by itself from the CAI pointing down towards the fender well. any way to fix this or should i just switch to short ram especially since i am in cleveland and its soon to snow?
I had the same problem with mine. Tighten the $hit out of the clamps and you should be fine.

Slowtime

Reaction score
i tightened the clamps about a week ago and i checked them yesterday and i can just pull the tubes apart. i am so sick of it i shoulda just made it a RAM. another honda head told me they keep loosening because of the differnt vibrations from the engine bay. I tell you i can tell the differnce between my cars driving in cleveland (cracked crappy roads, salt and ice)and when it was in north carolina (smooth paved roads no snow.)

HandoEX

Reaction score
Slowtime said:
i tightened the clamps about a week ago and i checked them yesterday and i can just pull the tubes apart. i am so sick of it i shoulda just made it a RAM. another honda head told me they keep loosening because of the differnt vibrations from the engine bay. I tell you i can tell the differnce between my cars driving in cleveland (cracked crappy roads, salt and ice)and when it was in north carolina (smooth paved roads no snow.)
Try cleaning out the inside of the rubber connecter peices as best you can and rub some sand paper on the inside of the rubber. I know the connectors I had were very smooth on the inside and were prone to slip. This, combined with good clamps should solve the problem. If it doesn't work, try getting new clamps and rubber connecters at an auto parts store (they are pretty cheap).

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
um, get new clamps then at a hardware store for about 10cents.

it's definitely just a matter of the clamps. your car shaking around might loosen stuff like that over the period of several months, but there's no reason it should be happenning that quickly. and I still doubt that there is enough vibration in your car to loosen them

saying that, because i am lowered, with exhaust, and audio system, and all of those would contribute to vibrations and i've never had this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back