capacitors

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
in all honesty, i have seen vehicles with a cap buss system...all hooked together if that makes sense.

my old car had dimming issues, and when i put a cap in the lights were normal again. im not going to say it was an "omg fixes!!11' solution, but it did help. the car was on the original alt ('91) and got a new battery before a stereo went in it. i had the same amp in it from like 2002-2005, and now the same system is in my accord.

gswarriorsluvr

Reaction score
Good Battery, Hi Output Alternator, and Cap! I have a Monster Cap but the digital readout blew! Cap holds small charge and discharges during peak bass outputs and recharges again.

Mojeans69

Reaction score
I have two 1000watt subs and a 2400 watt amp i also have a 1 farad cap w/optima yellow top and it does help with the cap does help with the dimming but my dash lights still dim a little if you really look at them, but it is good...my HID's dont dim though.....

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
I have two 1000watt subs and a 2400 watt amp i also have a 1 farad cap w/optima yellow top and it does help with the cap does help with the dimming but my dash lights still dim a little if you really look at them, but it is good...my HID's dont dim though.....

HID's will never dim per say. The ballast converts your +12VDC to tens of thousands of volts AC. As long as your ballast sees the minimum voltage, it stays on. Once it drops below that, it turns off.

NINaudio

Reaction score
This is always an ongoing debate. Personally I'll probably never use one again. My preferred upgrade order is this: Upgrade wires, HO alternator, yellow top.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
This is always an ongoing debate. Personally I'll probably never use one again. My preferred upgrade order is this: Upgrade wires, HO alternator, yellow top.

I don't want to go into much but yes, this is the tried an true way to set up a powerful system. A cap can work, often does, but it's a substitute. These three things will go far beyond a cap.

lyttleviet

Reaction score
I agree with NINaudio completely... There is no reason to spend 50 or 150.00 usd on a cap.

nexTOme

Reaction score
so cap's are somewhat helpful, but because of price that you are paying, it is not worth it.....hmmm

what if you got one rockford fosgate 1fr for free???? :peace:

sorry i had to brag about it...heheheh

02AemAccord

Reaction score
i have a system with 1000 watt four channel and a 1400 watt two channel, i used to have a 1000 watt four channel and a 800 watt two channel, i never had dimming until i upgraded from the 800 to the 1400 watt amp, i have 130 amp alt, optima red top, and ugraded all the grounds. i have hids and seeing them dim is making me worried.

Back