car wont drive or reverse

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
Im stuck on the side of the freeway as we speak. I was driving my sisters 01 accord automatic i4 right now and as I was driving the car wouldnt accererate and would only rev. I tried to put it in drive and reverse but all it does is rev. What can be the problem?

james'99

Reaction score
Im stuck on the side of the freeway as we speak. I was driving my sisters 01 accord automatic i4 right now and as I was driving the car wouldnt accererate and would only rev. I tried to put it in drive and reverse but all it does is rev. What can be the problem?

Does it say it it is in the correct gear on the dash?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
What happened when the car stopped accelerating? Try checking your belts. No CEL? Is D4 flashing?

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
I was driving about 70 and then it started to lose speed. When I tried pressing on the gas to speed up, the car would just rev. When I pulled over I tried putting it through d3 d2 and d1 but it was just reving like in d4. At first the reverse was working but a couple minutes later I tried reversing again and it wouldnt and would just rev. There is no cel and dont know if the d4 is flashing because the light in the dash has been out for a while. Could a clogged cat really do something like this?

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
I never checked the transmission fluid so I'll be checking that. I'll have someone check for a transmission code tomorrow if I can. Just really hoping the transmission didn't go.

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
Transmission fluid was low so I added a bottle. The car was able to drive but the more I drove, the more it started to slip. Im going try some Lucas Transmission fix next weekend to see if it helps but it looks like the transmission will need to be replaced. :Boo:

james'99

Reaction score
Transmission fluid was low so I added a bottle. The car was able to drive but the more I drove, the more it started to slip. Im going try some Lucas Transmission fix next weekend to see if it helps but it looks like the transmission will need to be replaced. :Boo:

Yeah, if it was that low on fluid, the transmission is probably toast.

Back