Car won't start. Pissin' me off...

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
The key light only comes on for a quick second when the key is first turned but then goes away. And the ecu has never been unplugged but I'll look into that as well. I really appreciate all you guys' input.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Have you checked that the fuel pump does get power ?
fuelpumptest.png

-Check for a blown ACG S (15 A) fuse in the under- hood fuse/relay box.
-Check for a blown No.1 FUEL PUMP (15 A) fuse in the driver's under-dash fuse/relay box.
-Check for a blown No.13 STARTER SIGNAL (7.5 A) fuse in the driver's under-dash fuse/relay box

Last edited:

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
Will definitely check that out too. Gonna do a lot of work on it tomorrow. Seriously hoping that its just the fuel pump.

twofast4u

Reaction score
you can use a test light to see if the fuel pump is getting power. So you can confirm whether it is the pump, or the pump isnt getting power.

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
Turns out it just needed a magic touch from the girlfriend. Not even exaggerating, all I did was test the fuse (Was still good) then I put it back in and I try to start it. Nothing, fuel pump still wouldn't prime. Told her to sit in the car and turn the key while I went to listen for the pump in the trunk. The second SHE turned the key I could here the fuel pump prime from a mile away. Needless to say the car started right up and is now driving fine...

001Stunna

Reaction score
Turns out it just needed a magic touch from the girlfriend. Not even exaggerating, all I did was test the fuse (Was still good) then I put it back in and I try to start it. Nothing, fuel pump still wouldn't prime. Told her to sit in the car and turn the key while I went to listen for the pump in the trunk. The second SHE turned the key I could here the fuel pump prime from a mile away. Needless to say the car started right up and is now driving fine...

ahhh so your car is demonized like mine at times:driving:

RichBinAZ

Reaction score
Does the fuel pump have ground wires you can re-seat??? or do all the wires run thru the harness?

Em2sFinest

Reaction score
I have a problem im not getting any signal in the starter fuse #13 what could the problem be. i changed the dashboard harness and engine harness because the previous owner hacked up the other one so i changed it for new wire harness for cleaner look and easier access. Now i get no starter signal. Power does go to the ecu but not to the starter fuse. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Simkid5614

Reaction score
this issue was finished. Start another dammit. But. Since you did..

Check your connections on the way back from the ECU. Make sure everything is solic, Thats the only advice I have for this.

Back