Carbon FIber + Chrome rims.... your thoughts

iam_nas

Reaction score
ok, so i have so pretty dope chrome rims on my car (my opinion) and i recently bought a carbon fiber hood, but i haven't put it on my car because i never liked the carbon fiber + chrome rims look... do you guys think it'll look funny or odd? im thinking of getting some gunmetal rims instead to match with the hood+blackhoused lights.... any input would be helpful

btw here is a pic of my current wheels...

cimg4369kf9.jpg

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I personally don't like either lol, much less combined. Not trying to be an ***, just honest. One thing about chrome though, if you paint it, you have to scuff it so keep that in mind before you paint them, if you don't buy new wheels. Otherwise the paint will flake.

iam_nas

Reaction score
yea i dont think i would bother with trying to paint them, i would probly just sell them after i got new rims... im thinking about buying these used wheels from a local dude....

01150601160101040420080rv3.jpg

decent or no?

ubik

Reaction score
yea i dont think i would bother with trying to paint them, i would probly just sell them after i got new rims... im thinking about buying these used wheels from a local dude....

01150601160101040420080rv3.jpg

decent or no?

I like those wheels allot, I'd get um.

I had chrome wheels. They lasted about a year before the chrome(which is nickel nowadays) started to peel and underneath is red so it noticed allot. I used to touch it up with chrome paint but it didn't look good at all. If I were you and your wheels are not peeling yet I would out them as quick as you can. Not because I don't like chrome but because they will peel eventually.

NASOHC

Reaction score
I say have em' stipped - powder coated gunmetal or black & put the CF hood for that JDM look - For a cruiser, leave it as is w/o CF hood.

ubik

Reaction score
I say have em' stipped - powder coated gunmetal or black & put the CF hood for that JDM look - For a cruiser, leave it as is w/o CF hood.

Mine took six weeks to be striped! I kept phoning the guy and he kept telling me that they were in the acid tank and the chrome hadn't quite come off yet. Then I phoned him again still not ready and he said to me 'once they come out of the acid tank they will have to be sand blasted'. I've never striped a whell back to bare ali before but wouldn't he have been better off sand blasting then the acid bath?

iam_nas

Reaction score

yeah thats the look im going for... ima pick up those gunmetal wheels for sure... anybody interested in my chrome rims? :D

CHID0

Reaction score
Sandblast the chrome off and re-finish them in the black or gunmetal, then throw on the hood. I've never been a fan of chrome....

Back