CEL on for 2 codes

osterman1223

Reaction score
These two codes just came on today while I was driving. This has been the second time my CEL has come on for the same two codes. The first time I cleared them and wrote them down because I had other things I was working on with the car. Has anyone had any experience with these codes? Thanks in advance
5e9b021e2adea8439e1c644fea740b9b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

stevekaw

Reaction score
VERY common OBD code on Hondas of this vintage. First step, check and make sure that your gas cap is screwed on tightly (listen for the two clicks). Then clear the code and see if it appears again. If the latter, you may need to replace some of the parts associated with the EVAP system (canister, solenoid, etc.).

osterman1223

Reaction score
VERY common OBD code on Hondas of this vintage. First step, check and make sure that your gas cap is screwed on tightly (listen for the two clicks). Then clear the code and see if it appears again. If the latter, you may need to replace some of the parts associated with the EVAP system (canister, solenoid, etc.).
It hasn't come back for a while and now it's come back from time to time. Looks like I will need to figure out what is going on with the EVAP.

osterman1223

Reaction score
Recently just been having issues with misfires. Starting to dig into that.
First codes to set-
P0171-Bank 1 too lean
P1456- EVAP control system leakage (fuel tank system) Evap
P1399-Random misfire-Started to get this code about a week ago after going over 30-40mph or if I beat on it on the freeway. CEL would not stay on but, flash and go off again.

These showed up after I replaced the gaskets for the distributor because of the oil leak and cleaned the contacts inside the cap and reassembled.

P0300-Random/multiple misfire
P0301-misfire cylinder 1
P0302-misfire cylinder 2

02' Accord Lx
144k miles
Original Cap and Distributor
New NGK wires May 2020
New NGK plugs May 2020
New Mahle valve cover gaskets Aug 2020
Fuel guage doesn't read past half of that helps any.

Back