Certain Accords won't be available in certain states

CHID0

Reaction score
Where's the logic behind that? There's been a push for cleaner cars for decades yet they allow car makers to possess the technology for near zero emissions and they don't make it a requirement across the board in all states....retarded.

angelplus

Reaction score
Wow this is just an oxymoron. The US is pushing towards cleaner air with less pollutant cars, so what do they do? Ban them in 44 states and only sell them in places of high pollution. What about the rest of the country? Isnt the air quality getting worse as the year goes on? I mean come on! This is probably the worst excuse to make money that I've seen in awhile. Way to go Bush! Next thing you know the government will regulate how many times you breathe a day to preserve oxygen so that they can make money some how. :bash:

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
WTF does Bush have to do with this??..Absolutely nothing..gah that pisses me off..That sounds as dumb as saying Bush caused Katrina..oh wait people said that too..next thing ur gonna say is you support Hillary Clinton or some insane **** like that

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Nooooo!!!! haha Why? well nevermind, wrong thread for that..don't want to get off topic..maybe i will make another political thread when it gets closer to election time haha

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Bottom line is that WTF is this country thinking?
If you want to improve the air quality in the country, you DON'T limit air improving cars to certain states.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
^^I agree..the city i go to college in is a perfect example..i don't think i have ever seen a clear day because of smog..but the sad thing is they don't even have emission tests here..so i could be doing anything to my car and pass..

i hope there is a good reason behind the limit..but i wouldn't be suprised if there was not..maybe they are more expensive to produce for the auto makers so they don't want to make more..i have no clue though..i would jut hope they have a good reason for the limitation..

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Another thing to consider is what if someone goes out of state to purchase this "limited" car and bring it back to their home state where the car is not available..
Will they be arrested for that or will they not be able to purchase that car?

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
i think if you guys read the article you'll see some answers...except for cali and the northeast alot of people wouldn't pay extra for something that isn't gonna give them fuel savings...and it is kinda weird but according to the article it said that because the other 42 states don't have the harsh emissions laws that they won't be allowed to sell the car...looks like the goverment is just trying to force other states by whatever means necessary to follow suit with california's harsh emission laws....the article doesn't do a good job of describing that part...but maybe by approaching it this way the government hopes that other states will force high polluting cars off the road....

Back