CF Hood for $100, to paint or not to paint?

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
How bad is the clear on the CF hood? If it's not bad and you like the look of carbon fiber I say keep it that way. If its in rough shape, just color match it.

MANIAC_ACCORD

Reaction score
You can check out my car. It will be almost like yours if u keep the hood natural. I'm SSM, CF hood, No drop, no wheels, all OEM.

Emo236e

Reaction score
The clear isn't horrible on the CF hood. It's just got some scratches and then one corner the clear is chipped. Other than that, it's not too bad. No oxidation or anything. I'm going back and forth....I'll check out your car maniac. Thanks!

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
lay a thin layer of paint on the CF hood, so the cf pattern still comes though at certain lighting angles.

Emo236e

Reaction score
That sounds pretty sick! I'm going to have to see if my paint guy can do something like that for me!! Thanks for the idea...best yet IMO!

Emo236e

Reaction score
Tek Rice, Thanks for the advice/idea....just talked to my paint guy and he said that he's been doing just that for a while to the point where he gets hoods and other CF stuff shipped to him from all over all the time! I'm stoked for it.

Repped

Back