CG2 Chassis Bracing -- Do you guys want these made?

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
I'm posting this on the 2 best sites in the world so we can get as much input as possible:
V6P.net and 6thGA.com

Keep in mind guys, I have only begun to research chassis bracing and posted this topic so all of us can help myself and each other discuss the possibility of chassis bracing for the CG2.

The KMR Chassis Bracing group buy for the 7th gen's sparked my interest.....I have been searching for any chassis bracing for the CG2 chassis. There is None. Well, actually, we have the front strut tower bars and we can upgrade our rear anti-sway bar.

Ultra Racing does make 3 parts for the CG4: Front strut tower bar, mid chassis 4 point and rear anti-sway. I'm guessing since they only made 3 pieces that the CG4 chassis is rigid enough from the factory? I don't know. Therefore, if our CG2 chassis is shorter, would it even require any addt'l pieces other than the front strut tower and rear anti-sway?

I know that for most of the CG2 crew, chassis bracing probably would not be desirable or practical because of how low you guys like to slam them. Since chassis bracing hangs lower than the chassis and reduces ground clearance, I'm sure alot of you slammed guys would scrape, alot. I'm pretty sure most of the scraping would be from a 4-point mid chassis brace, as it would need to clear the exhaust piping.

I'm dropped on EIBACH Sportlines -- 2 inches. So, the possibility of scraping for my set-up would be negligible to minimal. Well, I would hope so.

Keep these 2 questions in mind when you reply and please, I ask that you keep the thread free of clutter:

#1: Does the CG4 chassis actually need any additional bracing?
#2: If we could get Ultra Racing to make pieces for us, would you buy them?

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
i don't know if a lot of people would be interested in these. it's a very good idea and it's good that you're trying though.
i honestly think unless you're going to track the car...which not many accord owners do, upgrading the sway bars, getting strut bars, and a slight drop is all the handling a DD would need.

9450erick

Reaction score
I'm interested in tracking my car
i would definitely buy something like that 4 pt mid bracing

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
I'm interested in tracking my car
i would definitely buy something like that 4 pt mid bracing

if i were to track my car i would definitely buy it. considering that maybe 90% of members here don't track their cars i don't know how successful this would be.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
This is KMR's stuff for the 7th gen Accord V6. They are new and I didnt see any reviews other than the MAZDA guys using them. Ultra Racing has been around since 2002 and have a very good reputation.

IMG_5128.JPG

IMG_5126.JPG

IMG_5125.JPG

IMG_5122.JPG

IMG_5121.JPG

IMG_3940.jpg

IMG_3954.jpg

IMG_3956.jpg

IMG_3960.jpg

IMG_3979.jpg

IMG_3982.jpg

Last edited:

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
i don't know if a lot of people would be interested in these. it's a very good idea and it's good that you're trying though.
i honestly think unless you're going to track the car...which not many accord owners do, upgrading the sway bars, getting strut bars, and a slight drop is all the handling a DD would need.

When we lower the car, add strut bars and add thicker rear anti-sway bars, we reduce body roll, reduce flex and reduce understeer. These add stability and make the steering more responsive.

Chassis bracing would do the same -- reduce chassis flexing and make the car more responsive, even for normal daily driving.

I agree that the true benefit of chassis bracing is for Tracking purposes, but they can crossover to daily driving.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Track bar and beefier radius rods with spherical joints and bushings would more beneficial.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
depends on the prices for a full kit..id probably buy a full set for traction.

Back