Changed clutch - CEL on - Speedometer gone crazy

TACORICAN

Reaction score
I changed my clutch this past weekend and as soon as I drove off, the CEL came on. I returned home to find the VSS un-plugged. I plugged it back in and now the speedometer tweaks every time. It shoots from 0 - any number and back down. What could it be? I did wash my tranny with a high pressure washer while it was off the car, but covered the VSS plug.
T.I.A.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
I hope you understand that this post and any replies will be lost when/if 6thgenaccord moves to it's new server. So you may want to write down, save etc.. any info that you gather from this thread.

TACORICAN

Reaction score
Yup, Thanks for letting me know. I think the problem has been fixed, VSS wasn't plugged all the way in....

finch13

Reaction score
I had a similar issue when I put my clutch in where the speedo would jump between 40 and 120 anytime I was driving above 4k rpms... I just cleaned both side of the plug with carb cleaner and plugger it back in and havent had any issues yet.

TACORICAN

Reaction score
I know this post would be lost but thought I'd report back on what I found was causing the clutch pedal to be so stiff.

1. Crusty old pressure plate. Weird but it was an OEM Aftermarket replacement one.
2. Release bearing was completely dry, sort of hard to move on the shaft by hand.

8 hrs of installation all together... the new clutch feels like NEW! Super soft and comfortable to:driving:

Also, CEL was caused by not having the VSS plugged all the way in..

Thanks all for the input and / or suggestions.

Back