Changing Spark Plugs: Caution TONS of PICS...56k's Beware!!!

Cpyro

Reaction score
am i the only one who feels like i just changed my spark plugs and stuff just by reading and seeing the pictures? :p

trickmandung

Reaction score
After the shop takes care of my timing belt/water pump on my car, i will do this next... Thanks for the great write up...

For a V6 engine, it should be somewhat similar right? Sorry, i am a real noob with honda v6 engines... I am only familiar with the B18C1s.

finch13

Reaction score
Could someone please verify this. As for the plugs, i was looking at some $$$ ngk's but i think i'll just go with everything OEM since my car is bone stock.

It depends on the year.

1998 EX V6
13S840_E0501.gif

2002 EX V6
13S841_E0501.gif

mista jc

Reaction score
OMG, what a sick write up. Basically all you guys need is; basic tools. The socket wrench, a vacuum hose to pull plugs out and you're set and the PARTS you're replacing.

Someone bumped this thread the day after I paid to get it done. $50 gone fail

finch13

Reaction score
OMG, what a sick write up. Basically all you guys need is; basic tools. The socket wrench, a vacuum hose to pull plugs out and you're set and the PARTS you're replacing.

Someone bumped this thread the day after I paid to get it done. $50 gone fail

What a shame! I'd use a spark plug socket over a vacuum tube, especially if you plan on just cleaning/regapping the plugs and reusing them.

I'd say this DIY is more beneficial to the coil-over-plug V6 guys, those plugs are $9-14 a piece, that's easily $50-90 just for the parts. Us I4 guys can just drop less than $10 on some NGK V-Power or like $15 for Iridium IX :lawl:

du3ce

Reaction score
is it necessary to change out the dist. cap and rotor as well? im gonna be changing my wires this weekend just wondering.

Back