Chipping an F20b

SpEeD LuNaTiKz

Reaction score
It sounds like you didnt get the f20 ecu with the motor when you bought it?

If your gonna use the p28 ecu you will defently have to chip it and I would agree with the other guys 91 will be plently if its tuned right thats the most important thing with any motor swap or upgrade is the tune because that will be a quick way to insure you blow it up without a proper tune. It does sound strange that the guy who installed your motor wouldn't know this though as I would say its something they should know if there doing that type of work.

Good luck let us know how it turns out.

payndew

Reaction score
Well the update is the following. I went there yesterday around 5:30 pm to pickup the car because he called me, and when i went there I was like shes done ya ? He goes yes, 90% finished, And there and then i knew he ****** up some how. I was like okay start it up , and he does and it idled fine, next thing is i took it for a test drive and im pulling onto 35 north (central jersey) out of his parking lot and the car moves okay but as soon as i hit 2-2.5k rpm, it started bouncing off the redline if i give it a steady gas , if i floor it , it seems to push past this issue and as soon as it forces out of that range, the car moves okay and doesnt do it at all until it goes below that rev line. Im scared Crapless because i need this car before school starts which is this tuesday, or ima have to take the bus to college.. Pissed as hell atm, and The answer to where i got it done is, "E-shift Performance" on route 35. He said that the car can run like perfect forever, but in order to get the full power id' have to switch out the exhaust since our accords have a 1.5 piping nd i need 2.5 or something is what he said. Sorry to tella whole story here, but im confused as hell. What do you guys suggest I do? :confused:

payndew

Reaction score
well i gave him a 1000$ deposit, and the rst he's bought so far, I still owe him 1950$ if everything goes okay which its NOT. I dont know what i should tell him, whether to keep trying to fix it, or to get the engine out and put my old SH*t back in there nd roll the car home.. but then again idk what he has planned as far as all the wasted labor he spent on the car he couldnt fix. :furious:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I would look at the block code to see if its even a real f20b. Your exhaust has absolutely nothing to do with the csr having a 2.5k redline, you need to have tbose doucebags finish the job. I would have demanded they finish the god damn thing. This is why i hate mechanics, this is why i tought my self to do everything, even to rebuild engines. You spent way too much money, sorry but they are really playing you like a typical sucker. That 3 grand could have went into a better car after u sold the accord

Last edited:

acedomain

Reaction score
I would look at the block code to see if its even a real f20b. Your exhaust has absolutely nothing to do with the csr having a 2.5k redline, you need to have tbose doucebags finish the job. I would have demanded they finish the god damn thing. This is why i hate mechanics, this is why i tought my self to do everything, even to rebuild engines. You spent way too much money, sorry but they are really playing you like a typical sucker. That 3 grand could have went into a better car after u sold the accord

:goyou:hondaluver i totally agree with you this is why i try to learn as much as i can ....op dont let them get away with this do some research and demand that they finish and have it running right where did you get the engine from ....if it was from them demand them to find you an ecu if you knew their was no ecu then you messed up ....you should never rush into things like this if you know you need the car soon ....goodluck dont get rid of that old engine nd ecu until your **** is running top notch.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
EXACTLY what I thought.....OP it sounds like your mech hasn't a clue what he's doing. Don't pay him another dime until that car is running 100%.

Maybe Nick can chime it...he knows DOHC vtec engines.......

Back