Clocking Turbo Issue

BoyRicer

Reaction score
I was able to get my turbine side to spin freely so that can be clocked. My issues come up when i tried to clock the compressor side. I loosened the bolts connecting the compressor and couldnt get it to move. I sprayed it with some pb blaster still no movement. Used some heat nothing.It looks like there is some type of blue sealant on the turbo making the compressor airtight. I wanted to rotate the compressor 180 from where it is. I was wondering if i could just loosen these four bolts
photo2-3.jpg
(not my turbo, an just image i found online)and be able to spin the compressor that 180 that i need.
Thanks for any help

hotaccord243

Reaction score
My guess is the gasket and everything is sealed dang good on that thing and needs a little encouragement. You should be able to spin it with the bolts with the retainers on the perimeter ring of the compressor housing, it's probably just stuck on there.

Just be careful that you don't tear the o-ring in side the compressor housing (almost positive one is there cause it's been a while).

BoyRicer

Reaction score
ill try to break the whole compressor housing loose again tomorrow ill use heat and a bfh and a board to see if itll go loose

hotaccord243

Reaction score
ill try to break the whole compressor housing loose again tomorrow ill use heat and a bfh and a board to see if itll go loose

Let me know how it goes. Now that I think about it try spinning the center housing with the compressor housing (due to the fact of how it is sealed, gaskets, etc.) I think this will be the best option. You should be able to get everything into position by doing this.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Order a new o-ring in advance in case you rip yours.. This is what I had to do when clocking my Precision turbo. I bought 2 extra ones just in case from the company. Those are the wrong bolts to mess with to clock the turbo, you want the bolts that are on the silver aluminum housing, not the ones on the cast iron center housing.

BoyRicer

Reaction score
had another go at it today, and it hasnt moved still. If i put something in the compressor outlet like a bar with a towel around it will this f*** anything up? also do that while the center piece is in a vice. Right now im not getting enough levelage but i think a bar will help me;but possibly break the compressor housing

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Which bolts are you undoing to clock it? If you loosen the wrong bolts and are forcing it, then you are doing it wrong.

NOT the bolt you're pointing to in the first pic, but the silver ones to the left of it are the ones you want to loosen the brackets on, then clock the angle of turbo, with or without damaging the o-ring gasket.

BoyRicer

Reaction score
yea those are the ones i loosened. It looks like there is some blue adhesive around the compressor,almost like a silicone. ill post a picture

BoyRicer

Reaction score
turboph.jpg

you can kind of see the stuff. This issue is pretty annoying because this was supposed to be the easy side. But i dont want to try to force it too much. So if the other four bolts will allow it to rotate id just opt to do it that way. The only reason i havent done it with the four bolts yet is i was afraid it might break a seal there. So if anyone knows if i can just rotate it by those four bolts without breaking anything please let me know

Last edited:
Back