clutch fluid going low

twofast4u

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been searching around, but cant find a straight answer. I did my oil change 2 weeks ago and noticed my clutch fluid was low (like below min). I added fluid to the max line (clutch still feels the same and its going into gears properly). I just checked today again, and the level dropped a little bit. I'm thinking my clutch is probably on its way out or the clutch master cylinder is leaking.

What do you guys think?

001Stunna

Reaction score
Adam, any leaks on any of the lines? Checked them for corrosion or being moist?
Any moistness or dripping from the MC where it goes in the firewall? Any leak under the SC boot?

Maybe just keep monitoring it and see if it keeps going down if all the above check out

Brimstone Brown

Reaction score
When mine did this it was the Mc. I swapped both with OEM parts and haven't had any issue for 50,000 miles

Brimstone Brown

Reaction score
My clutch was feeling fine. I had to keep adding fluid regularly until the internal seal blew. Then I replaced the master and slave. Use OEM though. I went through 3 master cylinders from napa that failed right out of the box. It's a pain in the *** to swap out so go OEM and save yourself some drama.

nsjames

Reaction score
triple check it's not leaking into the interior from the rod attached to the pedal. Makes a mess.

if the master is good, then slave is leaking.
Have fun.
I'd probably do the master and slave together if I were doing the slave

twofast4u

Reaction score
more and more im thinking its the clutch, but still unsure. There is no leak under the dash, and the clutch master cylinder is clean/dry. The slave is abit dirty, but there no signs of any leak.

I've taken some pics so you guys can see.

20130406_161005.jpg

20130406_161107.jpg

20130406_161137.jpg

nsjames

Reaction score
my bet would be slave, and it's leaking into the bell so you can't see it.

been there.

at least Honda made it external, I had to drop trans and transfercase to do the internal on on the Jeep.
not one of AMC's best ideas....

Back