college football

Discussion in 'Sports Lounge' started by DarkSideAccord, Sep 12, 2006.

1. DarkSideAccord

DarkSideAccord nadeshiko fobz ftw..

yeah, i'm surprised no one has started this thread yet... how's ur team/ conference doing? my old school, purdue, is off to a good start... shaky on offense, but should improve over the next few games... as for defense, we suck :( 350+ total offense yard by the opponent the last 2 games... but hey, we're 2-0 :D

and the Big Ten is looking good too.. Ohio State, Michigan, Iowa... i just hope Notre Dame gets their arses kicked!! hate those guys!!

2. turbocayenne

turbocayenne Well-Known Member

big fan of UCLA.. go bruin..

3. djpm05

djpm05 Well-Known Member

I hate OSU... :(

4. du3ce

du3ce Well-Known Member

we suck

5. Wildman

Wildman Read the rules

lol

and yeah I'm surprised no one started this thread yet too. I've been really tempted to make a football forum to be honest... i think weekly prediction threads could be fun...

Virginia Tech Hokies - my team for obvious reasons - we are basically starting from scratch this season. Only 3 of our offensive starters returned... (lost all-american center & tackle, all-conference guard, amazing tight end & receivers, qb obviously, 2 good running backs, etc etc). And AT MOST we had 5 returning defensive starters, although I'm not sure exactly how many.

Basically, we have a really easy schedule for the most part, and we're going to need those easy games to polish our playing so that when we do play a real team we'll finally have our act together. There is no reason why we should lose more than 2 games in the regular season, and really we would have to really suck not to go undefeated with our schedule. The only game that SHOULD be a challenge will be Miami late in the season, but thankfully that is an away game and we travel well (we are undefeated on the road for conference games since joining the ACC).

Then again if I've learned anything from 2 years @ VT its that our football team has a knack for messing up what seems to be a sure thing

6. 00Accord4cyl

00Accord4cyl The Orange Skittle

GO VOLS!!!!! Rocky Top FTW!!

7. whitey2kaccord

whitey2kaccord Well-Known Member

A football forum? That'd be A W E S O M E !!!

Anyway, Auburn is ranked #3 in the AP poll and has a HUGE game this weekend at home vs. #6 LSU. The SEC west title will be determined by this game. Easily the biggest game this weekend.

ESPN gameday was supposed to be there, but the F-A-G Kirk Herbstreit has a commentating contract with ABC. So basically, they won't be at any SEC games because of our TV contract with CBS.

8. Wildman

Wildman Read the rules

^ that sucks. yeah I plan on watching that game, and several others lol. There are 3 matchups this weekend between 6 different ranked, undefeated teams. The auburn v lsu is one of those.

9. cdubb77

cdubb77 Well-Known Member

It's all about the Michigan Wolverines Baby!

10. whitey2kaccord

whitey2kaccord Well-Known Member

And the Wolverines getting OWNED by ND and tOSU. :D