color changing problem.. ne one?

98acclude

Reaction score
how the hell do I turn a grey car black without making it like flat black looking cause the only thing I seem to beable to do (photoshop elements) is select the car and change the lighting making it either a black blob in the shape of the car or a white blob in the shape of the car... Im trying to change the color of a silver bumper black to match my car and I have no idea what to do without it looking really dumb.. ne ideas? and color change doesnt work err color swap err whatever it's called

98acclude

Reaction score
huh? :p Im confused... lol alright I'll fill everyone in... and if I can pull it off I'll post pics... alright this is what Im after...

A) I'm trying to give my car an 01-02 coupe bumper with the 98-00 oem lip with foglights behind the garnishes... then after that's done I wanna give it euro r headlights...

B) or I want to have the 98-00 coupe bumper with the type r grille insert mugen or oem lip, euro r headlights and sir-t foglights...

and Im trying to make to different pics so I know what I like more... mabey I should take a poll.. but I still wanna photoshop them together then figure out what I like more..

emii

Reaction score
im not exactly sure what you're trying to say but anyways.
just use the magic wand tool, or if you're a little more advance you can use the lasso tool. switch the tolerance levels when you're using the magic wand though. then once you have your selection, copy it, create a new layer, and paste. then go to image>adjustments>hue and saturation. change the hue slider, saturation etc until you have it where you want it. i did a quick sample with larry's car :D this took me like 2 minutes. srsly.

bluenw.jpg

not completely precise but you get the idea, right?

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
im not exactly sure what you're trying to say but anyways.
just use the magic wand tool, or if you're a little more advance you can use the lasso tool. switch the tolerance levels when you're using the magic wand though. then once you have your selection, copy it, create a new layer, and paste. then go to image>adjustments>hue and saturation. change the hue slider, saturation etc until you have it where you want it. i did a quick sample with larry's car :D this took me like 2 minutes. srsly.

bluenw.jpg

not completely precise but you get the idea, right?

this.

also euro r headlights... dont you need a euro r fenders hood and bumper???

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
this.

also euro r headlights... dont you need a euro r fenders hood and bumper???

Im pretty sure you need quite a bit of the whole front clip of the Euro R unless you want to do a lot of modifications to make just the headlights fit.

98acclude

Reaction score
I dont necessarily need the hood n fenders n bumper n stuff... like yeah having those things would be kool but like I stated in my other thread I wanna do sumthin new n different... sumthin kinda challenging... I dont wanna be another 6th gen ower rockin the same black housed headlights with the same retrofit with the same 01-03 civic fogs know what I mean... like there's nothing wrong with those... they look very awesome! I currantly rock all of those things proudly but I just wanna do sumthin new.. know what I mean?

and ne ways back to the color thing... try to take a silver cg bumper and throw it on a black cg and try to make the bumper match... I cant make it look right it looks like a flat black/ unpainted black bumper on my shiney car.. it looks wierd..

KnightRyder

Reaction score
taking a non super glossy color like silver and trying to go to a high gloss black is not gonna happen. sorry. i used to be pretty bomb at photoshop and i can tell u now that its never gonna look right. in order to go to black, you need a good strong color to start with like blue or red and even then it has to be shiny and requires some advanced fine tuning.

ejreams

Reaction score
Considering silver is more a lack of intense hues in the first place.

its hard to make little into much.

its much easier to make much into little.

Back