***Corrosion solutions for coilovers***

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
Very helpful. Only reason I haven't gotten em yet is because St Louis salts the roads an insane amount.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anti Seize or grease goes on almost every suspension/brake component before it goes back on my car.

001Stunna

Reaction score
I got my coilovers last summer, i'll usually spray it down with soap/water at the coinop and then wash the rest of the car. After the rest of the car is washed ill spray down the coilovers from top-bottom with silicone spray lubricant.

Doing the above 1ce-2ice a week has kept them in pretty much mint shiny condition. When i took them off for changing the UCA and ball joints the threads were actually the same as they were the first day they came in a box.

What i've found is that antisieze paste tends to get all grimy and collect crazy amounts of dirt if/when applied on the threads

Last edited:

turbo_911

Reaction score
For me it was actually the other way. That lubricant didn't help at all, collected so much deposits that I had to take them off to clean. And I cleaned them and sprayed every week though they saw snow only once or twice. The grease in the other hand, didn't collect much, but if it did, you just take a paper towel and wipe them off and they are as new.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Re: ATTN everyone with F&F Type 2.5

Andy I'm curious how/what are you covering the threads with?

custom made covers, and they pretty much cover everything, so i guess you could say the protect the strut rod as well.

1204091045.jpg

1205091134.jpg

Back