Custom Dash

Ix3U

Reaction score
Custom dash that I'm working on. In retrospect, I should have done the project, then opened a thread that documented everything... Oh well. Hopefully the wait will be worth it..

My much needed supplies finally came in...

01-23-14 update:

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I can see the pics, though I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at lol. Looks like an ambitious project though. I see you're covering the console cubby.

You can post pictures 7 days from when you join, just post the IMG link from Photobucket.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Nice man. What made you want to fiberglass it? Cause that's a pretty good amount of work you got coming.

Ix3U

Reaction score
It was definitely over ambitious of me, and quite possibly a little (lot) over my skill range, but if everything turns out the way I'm hoping, it should look pretty nice. Once I figure it out better I'll update the op so everything is a little more fluid. I was drunk when I posted so it wasn't working out too well:favorites13:
I was hoping to get a lot more done today and I don't feel like working in there with the doors closed and windows up since it's pouring out.

So my endgame for this short term, is basically more passenger legroom, center console delete, moving the head unit (I have this PIONEER AVH-X2500BT 6.1" TOUCHSCREEN DVD on the way), moving the ac controls, and basically just a cleaner/minimalist feel.

Last edited:

Ix3U

Reaction score
Couple of new pics. since I couldn't get any glassing done today, I started doing a little prep work done to the center area. I still need to figure out the e-brake hole, and I'm going to have to take the seats out which will turn into quite the PITA... But will make thinks a lot less messy.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Put in the alpine 8" since you're doing a customer dash anyways.

If you can afford the 1700$ price tag :lawl:

Ix3U

Reaction score
Put in the alpine 8" since you're doing a customer dash anyways.

If you can afford the 1700$ price tag :lawl:

I can't ... but that would be cool. Eventually Im going to build a car pc and put in a big touchscreen! Bigger, better, AND cheaper :bleh:

Ix3U

Reaction score
Couple of new pics. Even though it was still raining, I decided to go burn up the rest of my resin. Got the first layer on the passenger side of the center console area and some more reinforcement where the glove box used to be. Gotta run to the store tomorrow and get some more mat and resin.

Back