Dash lights.

Momentum

Reaction score
Yesterday morning I installed a pioneer head unit in my car. It took me awhile but finally got it done. Its working fine, but the next day I noticed my lights for my speedometer and ac lights won't work. Also, when I lock/unlock the car with my sensor, the lights won't flicker. Maybe I did something wrong with the headunit or could it be a fuse? Wires are my weakness so anything would help.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I would say fuse or something got wired wrong. Check your fuses/take out the head unit and check connections. I'm no expert, but that's what I would do.

Momentum

Reaction score
I would say fuse or something got wired wrong. Check your fuses/take out the head unit and check connections. I'm no expert, but that's what I would do.

Would a mess up in the headunit fuses really cause that many problems?

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Yeah, I would imagine so haha once again, not an electrician by any means and :beer:, but.. yeah.

I did use crimp caps instead of soldering. Maybe the caps aren't on tight enough.
Messing with power like that, that's where I'd expect the problem is. An unclosed circuit in the dash. You answered you're own question :thumbup:

Assuming that's the issue.

Tphong

Reaction score
Looks like you wired something wrong to make the fuse for your dash lights break. Definitely double check all your wires. One way to check if it's your wiring is to put in another fuse and turn on your dash lights with your head unit on and if the fuse breaks then you got a wiring issue if this hasn't happened before.

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
you probably left the illumination wire bare and it touched metal (orange wire)

check your acc and turn signal fuse on the pass side.

thats what happened to me

Back