Dash Tweeter question?

Jh8909

Reaction score
sounds like a challenge then. I shall let you know how it works out. :thumbsup:

I still don't think you should port the speakers under your seat. what would you tune them too? just seal em.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
theres honestly no real fun in building something without challenges. budget, power, equipment, appearance, etc.

since there's only ~.3 cu ft under the seat, and a sealed enclosure acts like a high pass filter, i was thinking of a box that size tuned between 65-80Hz. highpass of 80Hz for normal listening, lower for controlled listening. the driver would get lower in the same space ported.

still have to decide what's going to fit and model them up and all. the biggest issue i foresee is needing them to play to 300-350Hz to meet the full range driver. test boxes before going all out will be needed...

Jh8909

Reaction score
theres honestly no real fun in building something without challenges. budget, power, equipment, appearance, etc.

since there's only ~.3 cu ft under the seat, and a sealed enclosure acts like a high pass filter, i was thinking of a box that size tuned between 65-80Hz. highpass of 80Hz for normal listening, lower for controlled listening. the driver would get lower in the same space ported.

still have to decide what's going to fit and model them up and all. the biggest issue i foresee is needing them to play to 300-350Hz to meet the full range driver. test boxes before going all out will be needed...

this

and yeah I got plans for the matching eclipse sw8000 10" sub thats going in. but You'll just have to wait for that. :)

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i was lurking the net for something completely different and found your post on another forum, so now i know what youre using for an amp :lawl: i had read the thread a couple weeks ago but now that we've been talking on here, your user name rang a bell. the taurus SHO threw me off, initially :lawl:

i hear patrick is kind of a weird dude :icon_axe: almost bought that amp model but it couldn't do a bridged 4 ohm load and i only have one sub.

Jh8909

Reaction score
i was lurking the net for something completely different and found your post on another forum, so now i know what youre using for an amp :lawl: i had read the thread a couple weeks ago but now that we've been talking on here, your user name rang a bell. the taurus SHO threw me off, initially :lawl:

i hear patrick is kind of a weird dude :icon_axe: almost bought that amp model but it couldn't do a bridged 4 ohm load and i only have one sub.

alright I'll take my mask off now. hehehe:)

but yeah the SHO is my baby, its sitting under a car cover at the back of my sisters driveway with the insurance off of it till the spring. I picked up this prestine accord for 3200 and couldn't be happier with it, just gotta give it an oil change soon and blast the underside with protectant liner for the winter.

yeah the Zuki always gets those weird weird weird rating systems but its easy to figure out what they do just by going by the fuses on the amps. mine has 3 30 amp fuses equaling 90 amps, add a 0 to the end of that makes roughly 900 watts so 900/6 = 150. then take into the account that the entire amp is class a/b so about 50-60% efficient so that comes to 75 watts a channel. however, the e&f channels have a seperate, slightly better power supply then the a-d channels so that might be close to 100 watts.

I just love that the amp is so stealthy, all black, not even a company logo. HOW COOL IS THAT.

but yeah I didn't need to worry about a 4 ohm bridged load, and plus it is a pure based sq amp so I took her down. :)

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
do you have the 3 watt or 5 watt model? theres a whole thing on diyma about them...they benched at something like 110 and 145 per channel, respectively. i didn't pay 100% attention but theyre both over 100 in any case.

i personally love the look of them. and i might end up with a 4-channel for the crossover sections...theres only a few amps that can lowpass and even fewer that can lowpass over 300Hz or so. plus i'm sort of (not officially) on team h-audio so i should be able to get a hookup :D :lawl:

once you go active, theres no going back. and now, i cant go back to a boxed sub either :lawl: one channel per driver ftmfw :rock:

Jh8909

Reaction score
mine is (can't wait to hear reactions from people who don't know how pat rates his amps)
3 watts x 6 @ 8 ohms. I still don't think it does a full 100 watts on the a-d channels but I could be wrong. I like more headroom, this way I don't have to turn the gain up as high, equaling a lower noise floor.

I really need to get this bad boy hooked up, need some speaker wire and a dash kit for my headunit. and then I should be ready to put it in.

actually I need a ton of speaker wire lol.

Back