delete resonator??

LudeNsoL

Reaction score
i want my car to sound a lil louder you know nothing crazy just a lil bit louder. would taking out my resonator make it sound loud and ricey..or just a lil louder.

i just dont want to buy 2 fart cans and have my car sound like a bee.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Well, since your question did not specify Air Intake or Exhaust, and dtraill27 already answered the Air Intake part... I'll answer the exhaust part.

It will depends on your total exhaust set-up. Typically, removing your exhaust resonator will increase the exhaust sound level a little and may change the sound to be "raspy" or ricey like you stated. An exhaust resonator tends to smooth and quiet your exhaust note.

Muffler choice plays a role also...if you were to use an Apexi N1 style racing can - loud. If you were to use a Magnaflow or Apexi World Sport muffler - not as loud.

On a side note leave your exhaust resonator on and remove your pre-muffler. The loudness factor will be there. Be sure to save the pre-muffler in case it's actually too loud for you.

Fran-ChiZe24

Reaction score
On my Accord I have a custom bent 2 1/2 pipes with magnaflow muffler it has no resonator and the cats cleaned out theres nothing in it just the shell its really loud going to have to throw a highflow cat on but it doesnt sound ricey at all its deep on mine i have headers and cold air intake too its sounds real nice its just I think too loud haha

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
use the longest resonator you can fit to avoid the can full of bees sound...

LudeNsoL

Reaction score
okay and yea i mean the exhaust resonator.. any1 have a dual exhaust for sale or where i can find a nice one? like magna flow

4NDR3W_6THG3N

Reaction score
Go single. You'll be glad you did. I know I am :boink:

As for the resonator. I have an N1 style with no cat and it gets a little raspy in the high rpm's. The mechanic put in an 18" glasspack as the resonator without my permission...

NotNice

Reaction score
ill sell the the full catback piping and you can buy your magnaflows or what ever mufflers you want for a good sound.

truWarier02

Reaction score
Go single. You'll be glad you did. I know I am :boink:

As for the resonator. I have an N1 style with no cat and it gets a little raspy in the high rpm's. The mechanic put in an 18" glasspack as the resonator without my permission...

ill sell the the full catback piping and you can buy your magnaflows or what ever mufflers you want for a good sound.

You guys do realize that this thread is more than 2 years old right?

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
how do i remove the resonator? I'm really not sure what it is but i want that sound that everyone is talking about

Back