Detailed 02 Toyota Highlander

turbo_911

Reaction score
The other day I was bored and decided to detail my moms car. The condition wasn't that bad and I did only the exterior. Decided to do 2-step correction with Microfiber DA system, which I really, really love and it is my favorite right now.

I don't have lots of pictures like I usually do and don't have before either.

The bottom of doors and bumpers looks like this:

DSC06628.jpg

The rest of the car was a lot better but still had some swirls. The clearcoat wasn't that hard but wasn't soft either. I noticed the hood had some kind of water stains where I couldn't get rid of them and had to sand but I didn't.

Also noticed some touch up paint, as my dad decided to go over and left noticeably bit touch up paint spots, and I decided to sand them down with 2000 grit paper by hand. Microfiber DA system buffed it out really easy without any problem.

Before

DSC06630.jpg

After

DSC06631.jpg

The whole front of the hood was like that so I sanded front part of the hood and buffed it out.

DSC06642.jpg

Taking pictures of swirls and scratches on red paint was really hard with point and shoot camera so I gave up and took only afters pictures.

DSC06645.jpg

DSC06646.jpg

DSC06647.jpg

DSC06648.jpg

DSC06650.jpg

DSC06651.jpg

DSC06655.jpg

As the sun was setting down, I decided to take a quick pick of direct sun on paint to show how good it looked and without any swirls. I was happy with the results.

DSC06653.jpg

DSC06656.jpg

DSC06657.jpg

DSC06659.jpg

DSC06660.jpg

Overall I enjoyed detailing my moms car and when I was done and called her out, she was amazed =)

The also payed more than half for MF DA system. My mom is AWESOME!!!

Thanks for looking.

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
You should just have one thread and just keep updating it ... its bettter then having awhole bunch of scattered threads

Bax

Reaction score
If you ever need to find any of his other threads, you can always go to his profile and click on "Threads created by turbo_911" :)

turbo_911

Reaction score
Back