DIY - A/C Removal (4cyl)

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
its good for those people who are gonna pull that stuff off if they're doing big power mods down the road. its the first thing i'm pulling off on my project cars

AFAccord

Reaction score
IMO, removing all of those is a good choice for someone like NASOHC if he NEEDS 10 more hp to meet his 250whp goal. For the guy making 140whp, I say it's a waste of time except for these guys that never see temps upwards of ~80 degrees who simply have no use for it.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
its been 100° in jersey, quite a few times over the summer. i just dont care about the heat like some of you seem to, haha.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
when r we expecting an AC installation DIY when u want AC again? :lawl:

good DIY tho :thumbsup:

dilltheswimr

Reaction score
just think about driving a 1990 Jetta with no ac for 3 years the car was black and i would keep a thermometer in the glove box and during the summer it got up to 113 one time

likeawp

Reaction score
hey Sketch.......I need some clarifications

1. The alternator belt without AC is this one right?
part# 180370 at www.tasauto.com

2. To drain the lines, which line do I remove first??
a. line on the compressor
b. low pressure line
c. high pressure line

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
1. yea, thats the belt. the reciept youll get with it will prolly say its a belt for 94-97 accords, but its the same belt.

2. there are only two lines, haha. High pressure and Low pressure. the Low pressure its the bigger line. to drain them you can take the caps off, and remove the valve cores with a valve core remover. thats how i was going to do it, but my dad ended up having this a/c line tool to check pressures and refill them and whatever. so i used that to empty mine, but i was told by my friend, who is a honda tech, to do the valve core way and it would work fine. just dont breathe that **** in and maybe wear a glove on that hand if you want.

likeawp

Reaction score
Thanks a lot man, just what I needed to know :)........I'll find time to do this on a spare weekend after I receive the belt

1 more noob question:D.......by valve core remover.......you mean the tool we use to remove the valve stems on our rims?......or is it some other tool?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
it takes out the core of the valve, the piece inside that presses down to let in, like, air or fluid. like, if you look into one of the valves on either of the lines, or even at one of your wheel valve stems, theres that piece that sticks up in the middle. it unscrews out, and thats what the valve core remover, removes, hahahahha.

Back