DIY: Clean your IACV

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
holy mother F n **** $14.58 dollars paid for a gasket o_O. im sure its only a nickle to make and about 25 to ship and another 50 cents for labor. 109220percent jack up ah.

update i finally did it. ease of doing if nothing was blocking your way 1/10 stars 10 being hardest.

if you are fat or over weight or have big hands. in the location it is in now its 5/10 stars. lol giving you little to no room to work with.

note to self. when you do this. DO NOT open the RADIATOR cap. when IAVC is out. or else radiator fluid will start leaking out. lol just imagine its like a straw hold water when you use your figure to cover up the hole. once let go water will come out.

time about doing it first time probably about 2 hours. ( i live in cali) and i did it while the suns out. so it dried up pretty fast.

oh yeah BE PATIENT do it slow do it right you dont want to do it all over again.

i forgot to mention for those of you who have auto start LEAVE that out of your damn pocket. when i was working on it it pressed it by accident and it started with out all the iavc intake. lucky my thing made a sound i know when it will turn on within one second i turned it off

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:

ManyLivesToLive

Reaction score
Nice write-up. This should be helpful to a bunch of people
I did this to my accord when I first got it, and it made a big difference in the hesitation/stalling, but I still had a slight issue afterwards. So, eventually, I took off the whole throttle body & intake manifold to clean it & found that there was a bunch of oil sitting in the bottom of the intake due to a bad PCV valve.
I cleaned everything & replaced the PCV valve and never had any more stalling/hesitation problems.

jwong512

Reaction score
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but would it be necessary to reset the ECU after this has all been done? Also, will there be coolant leaking from the hoses? If so, would there be a lot to the point where I have to add more coolant back into the car?

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No need to reset ECU unless you throw a code afterwards. Yes, some coolant will leak, thats what goes into the IACV. The amount lost is minimal, but you can add some more if you want if it eases your mind.

Namboyz

Reaction score
great write up. im doing this tommorrow. thanks for the pics man they help alot=)

jwong512

Reaction score
great write up. im doing this tommorrow. thanks for the pics man they help alot=)

It's definitely worth the trouble. My car is much much smoother now at idle. Almost no vibrations :). Feels as though I'm driving a brand new car.

thn116

Reaction score
Is it safe to say you can reuse your old gasket without any adverse effects?

inv4zn

Reaction score
Just did this today...

Car's been stalling more and more frequently when started...so I thought this would be worth a shot.

For a V6, the screw on the rear is a BISH to get off...took me like 30 minutes. but I have big clumsy hands...lol

and after getting coolant everywhere (wiped of course), and other miscellaneous crap everywhere, I'm just waiting for the carb cleaner to dry out...

Will update to see if this fixed my problems.

Again, I love this site :beer:

Edit: Owned myself by not double-checking part numbers.

THE GASKET PART NUMBER FOR V6's is 16456-P8A-A01

Last edited:
Back