eDub

Reaction score
Tools & Equipment needed:
~~~power/battery powered drill
~~~rivet tool
pACE-992369reg.jpg

(example of how it looks)
~~~1/8 drill bit
~~~1/8 rivets(you can use screws but rivets look cleaner)
~~~2 hinges
93c58fe4-dc9c-4ab9-9bc0-e4979b4165ac_400.jpg

(or something similar but it cannot be wider than the hinge the trunk lid bolts up to)
~~~10m socket wrench to remove truck lid

1. unscrew the 4 bolts holding the trunk lid to the 2 hinges
DSC03516-1.jpg

(its help to have some one holding it along with you.......plus i had a blanket spread across my back window to rest the trunk lid on while i worked on the hinges)

2. with trunk lid off now place the hinge that you purchased the the trunk hinge with flat surface facing out like the pic below to get an idea to where you will be drilling the holes and mounting the store bought hinge. mark with a marker where the hole will be and drill the holes.
DSC03516-2.jpg

3. after drilling the hole place the hinge in place and rivet it tight to the trunk hinge so it looks like this
DSC03519-1.jpg

4. after that now you wanna bolt the trunk lid back on but only using the bottom bolts on the factory trunk hinge and once bolted on you would do the same as in step 3 but this time on the trunk lid it self and rivet it in tight(please be cautious when drilling the hole on the bottom of the trunk cause you can drill though the top of your trunk or dent it.
DSC03516.jpg

5. YOU'RE DONE :beer:

DSC03523.jpg

DSC03522.jpg

NOW TO FLIP TRUNK ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS REMOVE THE BOLT BOLT. I HAVE OTHER IDEAS TO MAKE IT EASIER TO LOCK IT IN PLACE CLOSE AND TO FLIP IT BUT I HAVE NEVER GOT AROUND TO DOING IT. THAT THE REASON THE ONLY TIME I DO IT IS IF IM AT A CAR SHOW! IF YOU CAR HAVE ANY QUESTION I WILL BE HAPPY TO ANSWER THEM FOR YOU!

ActNow

Reaction score
You so got rep for that diy. Good job

BTW what were your ideas for making trunk lid itself more level, when you have it flipped?

juicebox00

Reaction score
Very nice write up, idk if this is something i'd do but you make it seem easy enough for someone who wanted to make their show car look better

Accord281

Reaction score
Good job! If I may add my 2 cents, I believe using some sort of rubber stoppers in the ends of the trunk arms would work good for holding it level.

eDub

Reaction score
thanks for the comments guys! but i've learned more from everybody on this site; im just contributing a lil back where i can!lol

Back