DIY make a mount bracket for intake

Theory208

Reaction score
My intake didn't come with a mounting bracket so I made this one. This is merely an option/ concept. The idea could be elaborated and modified, this is how I made my mounting bracket -

Tools needed-
3.5" hose clamp
Rubber connector to connect pipes
9" aluminum strip, 1/2" wide (Home depot/ Lowes) could use steel but alum is lighter, easier to bend and drill.
1/4" drill bit
5/32" drill bit
4 small zip ties
intake1.jpg

Cut the aluminum piece about 9" long and bend it around the intake so it makes a 90* angle, may vary depending on model. (aluminum strip can be cut with tin-snips)
intake2.jpg

With the 5/32" drill bit, drill two holes in the hose clamp two inches from the tighening nut and a second one three inches from the first hole.
Line up the aluminum strip with the holes drilled on hose clamp, drill those holes also. (in the picture you would actully have to mark it from the inside of the hose clamp)
intake3.jpg

Zip tie the two pieces together
intake4.jpg

Line up the other end of the aluminum strip with the 10mm bolt near the strut and mark. Drill a 1/4" hole there.
Bolt it up. Hope this helps someone out.
intake5.jpg

Last edited:

Theory208

Reaction score
^ if you want to make it sturdier (this one is pretty sturdy though), you could try a piece of 1/2'' x 1/2'' aluminum "angle iron". Cut off a 5'' strip and bend the single side around the pipe. That would add more support vertically ...if your rally driving or something like that.

Back