DIY removing green film from heater controls

604ACCORD

Reaction score
I put white leds in my heater controls and noticed they were like a greenish blue color so I decided to investigate and found they have plastic color covers so I decided to remove them. This should make whatever color led you put in be brighter and cleaner color.

Here's what to do
Remove the clock and the Philips screw behind it
Then remove the 2 under the head unit
Remove the entire piece and unplug both the clips for the wires
then remove the 5 screws holding the controls to the bezel

Remove the controls and flip them over undo the black plastic face with a small flat head

Then carefully remove the buttons, they flip up and have to be put back in in a certain order

Once you remove each button carefully pry them apart with a small flat head screw driver

Then remove the plastic colored piece inside

One knob also has an insert I removed

Do not loose any of the 3 plungers for the lower buttons

Here's all the colored pieces that get removed

I don't have a finished photo of the outcome cuz my phone died in the progress but will post it up later

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i bet they look much better now. when i changed mine i went with green lights anyway, so i never had to remove any filters, thankfully :lawl: nice write up though, added to the master list :thumbup:

604ACCORD

Reaction score
My bulbs are cheapo ebay ones they have a bit of blue to them, I want pure white. Might buy some better ones soon.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
I took pics of the finished product on my cell and I previewed the post, god damn did it ever look horrible.. I'm going to take some with my good camera later today.

CyrusSaurusRex

Reaction score
Very interesting, i'm contemplating whether or not it would be cheesy to maybe use some different colored films of the persons choice instead of the green piece you removed for each button.:)

Pardie

Reaction score
Rex, I'm not sure if that would make much of a difference, as the green film doesn't turn the lights green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GullyG00k

Reaction score
What are the bulb size for the led for the Buttons?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Back