DIY: Reverse Lights Wiring for manual swaps

VonDubz

Reaction score
First of all, how long are you in reverse at any given time. Second of all the switch for the accord is more than beefy enough to take the current. And third tapping into the 40amp was more to test if it worked than to utilize as a constant power source, which is why I suggested running power from a switched 12v You can add to the DIY, but don't give false information. Just to add even if the backup switch was not rated for that amount of current, and the contacts somehow fused, the worst thing that would happen would be the reverse lights would be stuck on, which you could be able to tell by looking at it.
That being said if you want to post the wiring diagram for the relay wiring go on ahead. My way was just the most straight foward and easiest way I could think of to get the lights to just work.

Last edited:

Snoobly

Reaction score
So i ended up just running the yellow wire straight to power. no fuse.
I hope that's okay... haha

F23A1AT

Reaction score
So it has been almost two years to the day since I finished my 5-spd swap and I finally wrapped this up. One thing I'd like to mention though is rather than going into the ACC fuse in the engine bay I just used one of the switched jacks near the relay location.

VonDubz

Reaction score
I'm glad my diy helped you to finish your car finally. good luck with it

Back