DIY RSX seats in sedan that sit low....Complete....

604ACCORD

Reaction score
I know this has been done before but from what I've seen it was not completed (the post I mean), well I'm going all the way with this one. I read a lot before buying these seats about how they sit high in the sedans, I wasn't down with that. I didn't want to look like Andre The Giant driving in my Accord, so after a bit of drinking this is what I came up with.

I was hoping to do this with out welding just because me and most people don't have welders but unfortunately that didn't work out.

So far I have only done the passenger seat due to the drivers seat having the stitching coming out which my buddy's fixing for a hundie.

At this present time I have not done the left rear mount...Yet I will post it asap.

These are the seats I picked up car had 130 xxx on it so they are in real nice shape aside from the stitching coming out from drivers seat. I paid 200 Canadian

So first step remove the seat 4 14mm bolts then throw it out, burn it or whatever turns your crank.

I drilled out the factory (front) mounts, needed some help with a dermal also.

After that is done I swapped them on the opposite sides and bolted them int front mounts.

for the rear mount on the right side I found when you bolted it in the original hole the seat sat to far to the right. I re drilled the hole and used the dermal to make the bolt fit (had to grind down the washer and a little bit of the mount but now it sits perfectly.

Now back to the fronts now they somewhat line up so I clamped them with vice grips and off to an exhaust shop to get them tacked after that I will remove the seat and get it properly welded then grind them down nice and paint them so they don't rust

Here is what it looks like you can see it sits perfectly level with the drivers seat.

Sorry if the pics suck they are cell pics I will take a few more to show fitment and height but I had to go house boss was going crazy

Has anyone accomplished hooking up the driver side air bag??
I will be doing the rear left side mount in the next few days and will post lots of pics
Hope this helps

Last edited:

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Re: DIY RSX seats in sedan that sit low..

I also just noticed that the seat belt buckle no longer fits anyone have a solution. The accord is a 98 seats are from an 03

I forgot 98 has no airbag in seat or any 6th gen?

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

I think Honda added the seat airbags in either '00 or '01 Accords. Hooking up the side airbags in a 00/01-02 is doable, but given that yours is a 98 I wouldn't mess with that.

604ACCORD

Reaction score

I'm not messing with the bags with my luck they would blow off while I'm driving lol
I'm going to get the fronts welded up tomorrow then on to the rear mount I ground off the left rear accord mount I'm hoping I can have that welded on also I might have to remove the rsx one as well I will post pics on how I do it when the time comes. Gonna have to fade a 6 pack to figure this one out...

Teesak

Reaction score

those seats look sooo much better then the stock ones. nice work on the project

604ACCORD

Reaction score

Got the front mounts welded and primed, bought myself a little wire feed welder. I took the rear left side mount off the RSX seat and also the oem accord seat what I will do is fit the oem mount to the RSX seat. The reason I used the oem mount (instead of making a custom one) is so I can use the oem plastic cover on the mount.

Anybody have any input on the seat belts not working did they change the buckles from 98 to 01 in the Accords or are they the same any info would be cool

604ACCORD

Reaction score

So for the seatbelts I took them from an 05 Acura EL they bolt in and they are black. I have the passenger side completed, I will post pics of all the brackets and how the seat sits tomorrow.

604ACCORD

Reaction score

Seat is done and in with working seatbelt I, the rear right mount I temporarily made from scrap until I get the driver seat in then Ill make 2 better mounts but for now they hold a 245 lb person no problem

Last edited:

Varnell

Reaction score

Great write-up! I've had RSX seats sitting in my room for almost a year now because I've been too lazy to mess with the install.

Back