Dome Light Issue

Asuna

Reaction score
Hey peeps!

So my dome light on my 2000 Accord sedan has started to act up.
I usually leave the switch for the dome light in the "door" position, but can't now because the light is always on! No matter what. It's like the "door" position of the switch and the "On" position do the same thing.

I don't have any lights on my dash saying I have a door open.

I have tried replacing the bulb, and replacing the fuse. No fix.

Has anyone else ran into this issue? Any ideas on how to fix it?

I have tried searching for a service manual to get wiring diagrams, but I cannot find it anywhere! Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you.

TheMole

Reaction score
I'm assuming the "Off" position works? lol

Might be a bad switch/contacts within the unit. Try swapping it with a buddy and see if it still does the same thing.

Asuna

Reaction score
LOL... yes... the "off" position works... otherwise I'd have a dead battery.

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
i had a similar problem with mine a while back. take the cover off, undo the screws, so you can take the dome light assembly down, look at the metal pieces, the gold color ones, i cant remember exactly what or which one was messed up, but one of those was not in the position it needed to be. it popped out or something. if you need a pic of a working one to reference let me know.

001Stunna

Reaction score
To give you an idea on what to do. On top of what the video shows you gotta bring the whole assembly down and check the contact points for the switch position.

Asuna

Reaction score
Thank you all for your suggestions. I will give them a try tonight.
I was also thinking, while I have the dome light apart, I'll measure the voltages on the plug at the dome light to see if the issue is with the dome light assembly or further deeper in the car.

The video is a very thoughtful addition to your suggestions.
Thanks again!

Jimsun

Reaction score
if you have a lx with a keyboard, check your keyless control unit. sometimes a good unplug and clean will do the trick

Asuna

Reaction score
if you have a lx with a keyboard, check your keyless control unit. sometimes a good unplug and clean will do the trick

I have an EX. Do they also have this keyboard?
I never knew they were making cars with keyboards!
Where would I find this keyboard? Is it a full size (with number pad)? Or smaller like a laptop?

Where would I find this keyless control unit?

Last edited:

Asuna

Reaction score
So I took apart my dome light lastnight.
All of the contacts seem to be good.
However, I think I found the problem! The signal going to the dome light for when the doors are open is not getting there. On the 2 terminals on the 1 connector at the dome light, one is always on (+12V) and the other is always off.

So I dug a little further....
Using the picture on this post:
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showpost.php?p=950487&postcount=8
I found that all of the wires except for the White with Blue stripe are ground(0V).
The White with Blue stripe is always on(+12V).
From the picture and what was being done, I assume the White with Blue stripe should be switched with the doors? Not constant power?

So I'm starting to think I have a bad circuit somewhere.
Does anyone have access to Circuit diagrams or a Service Manual?

Thanks again.

Back