Dominican Republic (punta cana)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by twofast4u, Feb 10, 2015.

1. twofast4u

twofast4u Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Figured I would ask you guys since were scattered all over the place. Has anyone been to punta cana? I'm going next week, and just would like to know some tips and key places to go.

Thanks!

2. RedRyder

RedRyder Save the manuals

Just came here to say I'm super jealous.

That's all. :lawl:

3. twofast4u

hahaha! Don't hate. I'll only be gone for a week!

4. RedRyder

RedRyder Save the manuals

That's one week less of cold, cloudy, darkness. lol Have fun man.

A friend went to some all-inclusive resort in DR a couple years ago, he loved it. Not sure if it was around where you're going or not, though.

5. Sil2DrV6

Sil2DrV6 Well-Known Member

+1

I wanna go somewhere warm.. Maui sounds good now..

Idk how good their water quality is over there, but be careful drinking their tap water, especially ice in your drink.

Have fun, and a safe trip!

6. twofast4u

Thanks guys. I'm staying at Barcelo. I was just looking to see if there's anything to do outside the resort. Last time when i went to Cancun, my friends and i rented vespa's and rode into town which was a lot of fun actually.

7. Valet

Valet IS300 SX > Accord

Stayed at that exact resort a couple of years ago.

The place it self is very nice. The excursions are good. I recommend the dune buggies one and definitely snorkeling. The snorkeling one we took had us drive our own small boats out to the spot, which would have been cool if they all worked well which they didn't. So try one without that. There was a zip lining one we did too which I have to say was great. The only real turn off is the food as everything besides your "around the world" restaurants for dinner is buffets and we didn't like them at all. But the dinner places were always good. Best thing we did was eat a full meal at the local Hard Rock Cafe before our flight out.

I don't want to discourage at all because it was a nice trip, but you'll have a better time if you keep your expectations low.

PS: beach and water exactly what you would expect, very nice.

PSS: there are people from all over the world there, never encountered a major language barrier whether it be tourists or staff or locals but just keep that in mind. It's not an "American resort". Do with what you will that information

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  8. sonni_kuba

sonni_kuba 6GA Supporting Member

Adam, you lucky dog, I'm super jelly as well! Been to Punta Cana twice, loved it every time. Try the parasailing, you'll love it, and you get to really appreciate the beauty of the island.

9. puzzlemaster94

puzzlemaster94 6GA Connoisseur

I've never been, but I have been parasailing. If you haven't done it, I highly recommend it. The people that went before I did said they saw turtles, sharks, etc.. I went up and saw a long distance, but NOT ONE piece of oceanlife except the jellyfish that I almost landed on coming down. So just be prepared for that, lol.

10. twofast4u

Thanks for the tips. I saw on their activity list, and im definitely going to hit up the Dune buggies. I feel like that'll be the most fun. We'll check out the other activities. Hopefully it doesnt cost too much. How much USD do you think is a good amount to bring?

Thanks Jakub. This is my first time. Hopefully I'll have just as much fun.

Thanks. If i have enough cash, I'll definitely try parasailing.