Doms 1989 Ford Bronco

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
Some of you may remember my 1990 Mustang GT. I loved that car, but after having it on the road for about 4 days I believe i snapped a connecting rod. Sold it for $900 2 days later. Fast forward a few months, the accord is getting worse and worse, though I still daily drove it and it hasnt ever left me stranded, just wont start sometimes. burns some oil, runs rich due to no cats, always a cloud of blue smoke when i take off. I get out of the army in less than 8 months and wanted something that I could drive back to NY up the east coast in the beginning of winter. I've wanted a bronco for a long time, and the time has come.

I paid $3300 for the bronco with 141k miles, AOD, 302, eddie bauer package, 4wd works, power windows and locks that also still work, and ****ty paint. It died on me while driving back to Fort Stewart, later I found out that this was extremely common in ford from the 80's due to a ****ty location for the TFI module, which sits under the distributor and gets hot and shuts down. I bought a relocation kit with heat sink and a cover for the old TFI spot, should be here by the end of the week. I also cut the muffler off today because I was bored. I'm hoping this will be a reliable DD, and plan on replacing the plugs, wires, ignition coil, and bump timing to 13.5 BTDC for a little extra power and efficiency. I got all the tools I'll need today, might check timing today because the truck feels sluggish, but then again its a 4,400lb truck with 185hp and 270tq. We'll see. here it is

dvrfront.jpg

front.jpg

passfront.jpg

dvrback.jpg

anyone have experience replacing these windows? The truck came with another one, I've never changed a stationary window before
badwindow.jpg

bed.jpg

cdplayer.jpg

dvrint.jpg

intrear.jpg

some damage on the passenger door
damage.jpg

Also, the drivers seat wont slide forward or back, which isnt too bad after I figured out how to tilt the wheel up :flipthebird:, and the passenger seat slides fine but wont tilt forward for easy access to the rear seat.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
I lucked out. There was a newer but in worse shape bronco for 2900 that I was gonna go look at, but something with the tranny happened the day I was gonna look. There were a few really nice ones in my price range but they were all sold.

Then we were at a dealership for my friend, and while getting a credit check I opened CL and the bronco was there and had to have it. My friend ended up getting a 93 turquoise festiva I found on CL that day.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
:lawl: sick taillights. yeah the mustang will always have a special place in my heart, and i will own another foxbody someday, done right and not jerry rigged together

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
well i used speaker wire to hold the radiator on, and replaced the carpet with a few cans of undercoat with no prep at all :lawl:.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Damn, $3300 for a bronco? Didn't know they were worth that much. Glad you got a car you wanted for a long time, it does look really nice

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
most were priced between 4 and 6000. I plan on driving back to NY in May from Georgia, and leaving it up there for when I permanently move back in November. I really hope it makes it, and I really hope it doesn't cost me $700 for gas :lawl:

Back