dual ECU

tknightt

Reaction score
I am swapping over my PAA ECU for a chipped P28 OBD1 ECU. This unfortunatly means the car will no longer be OBD2. This is a major drawback as I was planning on using a ODB2 bluetooth or wifi adapter and an android tablet to show different gauges. I'm wondering if it is possible to set-up the original ECU in parrallel with the P28 but just not to control the engine: just inputs, no outputs other than to ODB2 port. THe old ECU when then only be used as a reader for the codes ? Anyone ever tryed that ?

jdmcg3

Reaction score
why not just post in the last thread you made about this ECU problem.. no need to start up a new thread every time you have a question.

and why not just get a obd1 adapter? i know they have to make one.. cause no one tunes on obd2

tknightt

Reaction score
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but OBD1 bluetooth or wifi adapters do not exist.

Also the reason I posted a new thread is I felt this was a different topic. I'm not talking about specific ECUs, I'm talking generally speaking is it possible to have dual ECU on the same car if one is only used fot sensor readings.

jdmcg3

Reaction score
honestly ive never heard of this whole bluetooth/ wifi adapters thing before. but i feel if they are making one for obd2 then they would make one for obd1. if i were you i would just save a little and get all the gauges that you want.

kn0x47

Reaction score
honestly ive never heard of this whole bluetooth/ wifi adapters thing before. but i feel if they are making one for obd2 then they would make one for obd1. if i were you i would just save a little and get all the gauges that you want.

Its like the scangaugeII but you use Bluetooth to interface with an app so no there isn't one for obd1

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Quinn.. OBD1 cars are only 97 and older. I KNOW they didn't have Bluetooth back then so NO they don't make Bluetooth adapters for OBD1.

OP anything is possible if you wire everything right.. but NO it would not be worth your while. Don't start rigging shit.

jdmcg3

Reaction score
yeah i knew the whole yr thing with obd_. just never heard of using bluetooth with your ecu to see different read outs.

Back