Engine Seized

WestCoastMotor

Reaction score
Alright I posted a few months ago about the motor shutting off after 2-3 hours, now the motor seems to be seized. The battery is fine, so is the starter but when attempting to start it it does not want to. Anyone know the price to swap a new motor in?

Fearless_Heart21

Reaction score
That sounds so familiar!
I wouldn’t swap the motor just yet. I would have a good, honest independent mechanic look into the Main Relay Switch. You can do it yourself by looking (see attached)

396A1F78-00C6-4DF9-8A22-A7A6A7C7BA2B.jpeg

Landspeeder

Reaction score
I concur on main relay switch. I had the same symptom. A replacement is under $50 shipped - however flowing the pcb with some good no-clean flux and re flowing the solder points did the trick for <$0.50 & 30 minutes.

WestCoastMotor

Reaction score
Alright, thank you, I'll check out that later this morning. Honestly I had a guy called up from my Insurance to get my car jumped, and he said the motor was seized, and there was rocks in the radiator, but after checking the pulleys my self, it was free, so yeah I doubt that person could fix a car, however before checking the pulleys I wrote this thread.

INK DEMON

Reaction score
Try turning your engine over by hand if you think it is seized. Tow truck drivers aren't mechanics. If you can turn the engine over by hand then it is not seized. If you turn the key and nothing happens, check the main relay as others have mentioned. You can remove the top of the relay to inspect the solder points, if the solder points are cracked, then either re-solder them or replace the relay.

Back